Printable Dual Layer?

vbimport

What are some good brands for printable dual layer discs?

I have a Samsung S203B burner.

I know Verbatim DL MIS are suppose to be good and they can usually be had for about $25 at Office Max. They aren’t printable though. I looked at Supermediastore and they had 6x Verbatim for $63 which seems a bit too steep for me. Anyone know if their can be better deals had? Like other online sites or brick & mortar stores?

I don’t care if its +R or -R media as long as it burns wells on my burner.

Thanks.

If you don’t mind 2.4x rated Verbatim DL media you can get a 20 pack printable right here
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817130997 price $47.99 with free shipping
at the moment.

Rima has some Verbatim printable DL for $46.00 + shipping right here
http://www.rima.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=R&Product_Code=1871&Category_Code=DPLUSDL

I shouldn’t even mention these but if you’re looking for some hub printable [U][B]dirt cheap [/B][/U] DL discs
and you are willing to take a chance on them then you can get some right here. :eek:
http://www.meritline.com/playo-8x-dl-dvd-plus-r-white-inkjet-hub-printable.html The reviews of them on the site seems to
be good but…still it’s not Verbatim quality. :disagree:

Thanks for the links. Do you know if the Verbatim from Newegg are hub printable?

The RIMA ones aren’t so I’m guessing the ones from Newegg aren’t either?

I might buy some from Meritline, does anyone have any experience with the PlayO? From reading the reviews at Meritline, they are suppose to be Ricoh made? Is it better to burn them at say 4x then its rated 8x speed?

Thanks again

AFAIK Verbatim doesn’t produce hub printable DL media at least none I’ve
ever seen anyway. The Playo will probably be hit or miss on quality and as
for how long the longevity will be on them I’d be afraid to say and if I were
to burn them I’d probably stick to 4x to be safe. :iagree: I know some around here
say Playo SL disc are really crappy :Z and I’ve never used any so I couldn’t say
how good or bad the DL Playo discs would be. :confused: I might take the plunge and
buy a 10 pack of them for testing just to see how good or bad they do. :iagree:

[QUOTE=getit29;2016299]AFAIK Verbatim doesn’t produce hub printable DL media at least none I’ve
ever seen anyway. The Playo will probably be hit or miss on quality and as
for how long the longevity will be on them I’d be afraid to say and if I were
to burn them I’d probably stick to 4x to be safe. :iagree: I know some around here
say Playo SL disc are really crappy :Z and I’ve never used any so I couldn’t say
how good or bad the DL Playo discs would be. :confused: I might take the plunge and
buy a 10 pack of them for testing just to see how good or bad they do. :iagree:[/QUOTE] Thanks, I will try that.

I’m almost afraid to ask, but what is the MID code on the Playo DLs?

[QUOTE=Doctor_T;2017497]I’m almost afraid to ask, but what is the MID code on the Playo DLs?[/QUOTE]
I’m not really sure what the MID is on them but one reviewer on their site says it is Media manufactured by Ricoh
but I’d be afraid to try and say for sure what MID it might be. :confused: I will probably order a 10 pack tomorrow just for
testing and see how they do and find out what MID they are. :wink:

Playo crap. oh no!!

[QUOTE=chef;2017723]Playo crap. oh no!![/QUOTE]

:bigsmile: my thoughts exactly also :bigsmile: but I’ll waste a few dollars
on the 10 pack just for the chance to test them out. :doh:

Has anyone tried these? Falcon Dual Layered 8x Printable
They are dual layered and hub printable. When I click on the image for the discs, the package seems to say it is made in the UAE which I’m guessing is the United Arab Emirates? Anyone know the media code or anything?

They have a 50 pack for about $85 after $20 rebate.

If noone has tried them, I’ll just get the Playo.

Here is a link to a post I started about the Falcon Media and as Albert
said in his post “Falcon has its own DVD+R DL MID: FTI_____ R08” now
as for how good it is I’m not really sure. :confused:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/falcon-8x-dvd-r-double-layer-white-inkjet-hub-printable-240623/

I ended up buying the Playo dvds. I posted my results in the Samsung 203B results/scan thread.