Printable Dics Are they worth it?

vbimport

I just got some printable verbatim dual layer dvd’s and i’m wondering if it’s worth it to print on them. What kind of inkjets support such functions?

Or maybe is it more affordable to print on a print shop?

What do you guys reckon?

[QUOTE=therock003;2525959]I just got some printable verbatim dual layer dvd’s and i’m wondering if it’s worth it to print on them. What kind of inkjets support such functions?

Or maybe is it more affordable to print on a print shop?

What do you guys reckon?[/QUOTE]
Many of us are quite sure it is worth it :). Current models that include disc printing can give beautiful results on printables. IMO, Epson or Canon printers seem to do the best job with disc printing. In North America, Epson printers are the easiest way to get good disc printing. Canons sold here have disc printing disabled, and require purchasing a disc tray and modifying the firmware.

A print shop? Do you need to print a large number of discs for distribution? If so, it may be worthwhile to price the job with a few duplication companies.

No Actually i meant that i need to print so few not so many, so printing on a shop should save me the money from purchasing a dedicated disc printer. Meaning i have printers for printing papers and photos, so if i do get a print with disc printing capabilities it would be solely for this purpose, so value wise it may not be best for me.

Since you mention it is really worth it, you must mean that results are far better than lightscribe, labelflash and similar technologies? Also could a printable disc reach the potential of a pressed disc?

A glossy finish printable disc such as the JVC Glossy Watershield discs, combined with a hi-res label and a good printer comes pretty close to the quality of a professional pressed dvd label.

There are several regular printers that still print on paper etc, but also have the function of printing on CD/DVD using a tray that slides into the printer. I use an Epson model for this, but I know Canon and HP also make printers that have this function.

[QUOTE=therock003;2526175]
Since you mention it is really worth it, you must mean that results are far better than lightscribe, labelflash and similar technologies? Also could a printable disc reach the potential of a pressed disc?[/QUOTE]

HERE is an example with the Epson Artisan 800 on a Falcon glossy printable. When you can get results like these, there’s little use for lightscribe. The matte finish Verbs you have can look as good as a matte pressed disc when printed. Sometimes better :).
I don’t know what printer you are using currently, but an all-in-one like the 800 may come in handy for other things like speedy scanning/photo printing.

Hey Lin. Noticed you haven’t corrected the spelling in the thread heading yet. Yes, its good for a giggle ;). But in the interest of bringing folks from Google over here with the same question and avoiding turning this into a discussion about the merits of tattooed genitalia, perhaps adding an s to Dics would be wise :bigsmile:.

Kudos to all for behaving yourselves :flower:

Dean

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2531072]Hey Lin. Noticed you haven’t corrected the spelling in the thread heading yet. Yes, its good for a giggle ;). But in the interest of bringing folks from Google over here with the same question and avoiding turning this into a discussion about the merits of tattooed genitalia, perhaps adding an s to Dics would be wise :bigsmile:.

Kudos to all for behaving yourselves :flower:

Dean[/QUOTE]
It’s been hard :doh:

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2531077]It’s been hard :doh:[/QUOTE]
:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:
Very punny, Jim :flower:.