Printable CD-R's

Hi

What do you people use for printable cd-r’s. I’m looking for a good full face printable cd.
Many thanks

Buzz

Imation is coming out with AquaGuard, which says no smears or smudges. They are on sale at Tiger.com, (or tigerdirect.com) I believe.

If I was gonna go that route and print-on disk, I’d try those. Water proof and smudge / smear proof. Nice.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/search.asp?keywords=aquaguard

Do you find it better printing on a label for the cd

From what I have read (I don’t have any myself) they are great because they are waterproof and don’t smear.

I have tried, and will no longer use, those stick-on labels that you can print on first and then apply to the disk.

They worked ok for data CD’s but not for DVD’s at all, especially DVD Movies, and I found if I used the adhesive labels for CD’s I put in the car, the glue would break down because of heat and cause problems.

So the Print-On technology, either the Ink-Jet print-on or the Lightscribe type of deals are the only ones I’d be willing to try. Or I just would use a Sharpie to write on the surface by hand.

What do you people use for printable cd-r’s. I’m looking for a good full face printable cd.
I don’t know if you mean hub printable? I currently use TY printable, but not hub printable. (Which means down to the center of the hole, no clear plastic showing)

The TY’s work great for me. Allowing print to dry overnight, I also use a clear coat acrylic spray sealer over them.
A few examples, printed with the epson r220;

Lighting was kind of poor, pics may not look the best, but in actuality the are very nice looking prints!
regards, katz:)