Print Server Queries

vbimport

I bought a TP-Link TL-PS110U print server,

i installed the software and ran the set up wizard and ter a good few attempts, i got my partners laptop (wireless) i managed to print from the printer, after i went into to network places & found the printer and made it the default printer (Win XP)

but the problem is printing from the main PC (win 7 pro) [not wireless], i couldn’t see the networked printer in devices & printer. i tried to config it to a TCP/IP port but still not able to print

:confused:

Firmware 2 perhaps?
On page 51 of the manual they tell to make a TCP/IP port first.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2603265]Firmware 2 perhaps?
On page 51 of the manual they tell to make a TCP/IP port first.[/QUOTE]it is firmware v2, i’ll check this out, must’ve missed that

cheers

hmm, still not getting it,

i’ve added a port manually,
i’ve used the wizard, installed the printer through the wizard

i’m getting a wee bit further with it,

in devices & printers, once i’ve completed the set up wizard, i can see my printer online (full colour) but when i double click it, it then greys out and is offline, also then the language goes to spannish, when i picked the english .inf file when adding the printer :confused:

probably been easier buying a wireless printer lol

also, i can’t see the print server in devices, this may be the main problem

ah, got it now.

just had to look for the PS in another place :doh: on my network :o

then install the driver from there :o:o

[QUOTE=Bjproc;2603290]ah, got it now.

just had to look for the PS in another place :doh: on my network :o

then install the driver from there :o:o[/QUOTE]
Ooh, just browse the network (group) was sufficient? Kewl!

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2603304]Ooh, just browse the network (group) was sufficient? Kewl![/QUOTE]

the thing with it though, Mr B, i didn’t see the PS there before :confused:

If the Printer Software is not installed in each computer, you have to do this. If it is, you can still use the Printer Disk to install the proper connection. :cool: