PRINT ON DVDs

vbimport

Hello,

I have a Canon iP4300, and I’m trying to print on a DVD.

It does, but it’s completely out of centre.

I have made sure (or tried to, at least) the settings are correct, but I just can’t get it right. My settings:
Type of suport: printable Disc
Source of paper: Disc tray
Size of paper: CD F tray
Orientation: I’ve tried both horizontal and vertical (actually, once you’ve defined the suport as a Disc, I’m surprised it stll gives the 2 options…)

Can anyone tell me what I’m forgetting?

Thank you for your help

Does it allow a test print and calibration of the CD/DVD tray? You may have to manually adjust the placement if it allows calibration.

Wrong forum…but…
In CDLabelPrint, when you click the “print” button a second dialog opens up. On the left side are adjustments for “print position” with positive and negative adjustments possible. Just remember that the disc exits the printer upside down. So take the disc out and turn it 180’ and make your adjustments based on what you see. the settings are in 1/10 mm.

Thank you for your help.

[QUOTE=Annalees;2179856]Hello,

I have a Canon iP4300, and I’m trying to print on a DVD.

It does, but it’s completely out of centre.

I have made sure (or tried to, at least) the settings are correct, but I just can’t get it right. My settings:
Type of suport: printable Disc
Source of paper: Disc tray
Size of paper: CD F tray
Orientation: I’ve tried both horizontal and vertical (actually, once you’ve defined the suport as a Disc, I’m surprised it stll gives the 2 options…)

Can anyone tell me what I’m forgetting?

Thank you for your help[/QUOTE]

Something doesn’t make sense here :frowning:

I have the earlier model iP4200 and like yours, it prints directly onto the DVD or CD white printable label.

I use the CD Label Print programme that came on the CD with the printer and print with the following settings:

Main / Media Type - Printable disc
Main / Paper Source - Disc tray

Page Setup / Paper Size - CD-R tray C
Page Setup / Orientation - Portrait

I have never had to make any adjustments for labels printing off centre :slight_smile:

Are you sure that you are not pushing the CD tray into the printer too far or too soon? When told to, you feed the tray in only as far as the “>” “<” arrows.