Print Label position

vbimport

Hi everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster. 2 problems plz.

I have gone though the trial and error stages of getting into lightscribe an burning off 100’s of cd’s just to have my drive come to screeching halt (image burn, can still copy). I have learn’t from that mistake.

So I’ve decided to change my ways and I purchased a Canon MP610 and I love it. I have 100’s of blank hub printable media here waiting to be used but I want to make sure I get my printing 100% perfect before I start (of course). My first problem is in Nero Cover Designer Essentials 2.5.7.0, I have an issue that no matter how perfect I play with the paperstocks settings, I still get about 1mm of white space in the top left hand corner of the cd. Meaning its not centre. Yes I have gone into the print options and set it to the correct paper stock. I can even goto the “Print Outside Radius” option, increase it by some insane 5mm extra, and still have the problem.

Does this have anything to do with the borderless printing feature I keep reading about on here?

2nd problem, (well not really a problem) is I find theres a bit of a lack of Cd’s/Dvd’s that have inner hub printable right up to edge or at least near the edge. Does anyone know if the [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=2]“Verbatim 700mb 50pk CDR White Inkjet Hub Printable” has full hub printing or something close to it?

Cheers,
Metalsutton.
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Use the Canon CD-LabelPrint software - problem solved. It has centering adjustments in the print dialog that are remembered. I can’t say if setting this in the Canon software will fix the Nero problem, probably not. All printers are a bit off-center out of the box, and you need software that can adjust this.