Prime DVD+R DL (MKM003) Fake?

vbimport

I bought some of these to see what they actually were.

http://www.shopneo.co.uk/prime-8x-white-full-face-printable-double-layer-dvdr-10-pack-c-301-p-1-pr-16940.html

MID is MKM 003

Hub codes are DVD+R DL L0 347121 and DVD+R DL L1 34Y211 and a 15 on the clear hub centre.

Are these genuine MKM’s? The burn is pretty poor but I’ve seen worse DL scans.

Yes, these are fakes.

But its a pretty good burn for 8x nontheless.

Where are they made ?

They look fake to me , but the scan looks ok and TRT is pretty good actually

There is no country of origin on the packaging so I don’t have a clue, sorry!

[QUOTE=jubjubbird;2028899]There is no country of origin on the packaging so I don’t have a clue, sorry![/QUOTE]

Could you post a photo of them?

There is a picture of the packaging on the link on the first post. The discs are printable so no picture required there.

New kid on the block Prime have released a Dual Layer DVD that is blowing the socks off our customers. Full face printable, 8x speed and has fantastic compatibility with the 360.

[B]Many have said that the recording quality is as close to Verbatim as you can get [/B]!

:bow::bow::bow:

LOL.

@rakter,

very good sum up. :wink:

Yep those are about as close to [B]fake [/B]as you can get :eek: but still a decent scan for a faked
media code but I really just wonder how long they will hold up before becoming un-readable
like the old Ritek G05’s :Z did they had really great looking scans at first but a month or two
later they turned into crap discs :doh: and all your data was gone.:sad:

Full face printable gives it away, Verbatim doesn’t have any Full face printable DL

I think the most surprising thing about this post is how he managed to use a liteon and scan the jitter all the way through the second layer!

All the liteons I’ve seen, stop when they reach second layer of jitter.

[QUOTE=cd pirate;2029215]I think the most surprising thing about this post is how he managed to use a liteon and scan the jitter all the way through the second layer!

All the liteons I’ve seen, stop when they reach second layer of jitter.[/QUOTE]

Maybe 20A[B]3[/B]P is a little different :wink:

[QUOTE=minaelromany;2029223]Maybe 20A[B]3[/B]P is a little different ;)[/QUOTE]

Still quite surprising for me.

Definitely look like fake discs to me also. Verbatim should scan better than that even though it’s burnt at 8x. Pioneers are known to be good writers with DL media.

EDIT: I noticed it was scanned @ 8x. Not sure if that liteon makes results look worse @ 8x? Some do when scanning @ 8x and considering DL media is quite hard to read, this could cause the errors.

Try 4x scanning. If results are the same then your drive is probably fine to scan @ 8x.

[QUOTE=cd pirate;2029414]Still quite surprising for me.

Definitely look like fake discs to me also. Verbatim should scan better than that even though it’s burnt at 8x. Pioneers are known to be good writers with DL media.

EDIT: I noticed it was scanned @ 8x. Not sure if that liteon makes results look worse @ 8x? Some do when scanning @ 8x and considering DL media is quite hard to read, this could cause the errors.

Try 4x scanning. If results are the same then your drive is probably fine to scan @ 8x.[/QUOTE]

8x is the recommended scan speed for the A3 series

[QUOTE=cd pirate;2029414]Still quite surprising for me.

[B]Try 4x scanning. If results are the same then your drive is probably fine to scan @ 8x[/B].[/QUOTE]

Worth trying but 20A3P is so different than 18A1P/20A1P/2014P that its normal scanning speed is 8x

if you guys say these use a fake media code who do you reckon there really made by?

stay far far away from those prime discs! (I got the 2.4x version… fake RICOH code)

I got a few samples off an ebay seller, (I still have one left) and while the burn did complete on all of my three drives (old Lite-On 1693, Pioneer DVR-111 and Samsung SH-S182), none of the discs were readable on any other drive, yet alone any stand alone player…

Even Ritek DL is better!

are you sure these are fake as verbatiam does make full face printable dvd+r dl discs

[QUOTE=jedi_jay;2030043]are you sure these are fake as verbatiam does make full face printable dvd+r dl discs[/QUOTE]

Not full face, the inner circle is plastic transparent.

Here are my results with the disc that jubjubbird sent me: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f76/fake-mitsubishi-chemicals-dvd-r-dl-242532-new/

Scans are not pretty, but both TRTs are perfect. So I guess they are quite ok :iagree:

Printing quality could be better.