Pride & Prejudice (2006)

Hi all,

Trying to back up my copy of Pride & Prejudice tonight, and nothing seems to work.
My anydvd as well as clonedvd2 are all up to date.
I closed and restrarted the programs, and about 20 minutes in, it fails because of “reading bad sectors”.

I even tried closing clonedvd2 and using 1click with anydvd, and same thing, it’s not backing up. Normally one or the other will work if I run into a snag, but not today.

Any ideas?

Thanks
AJ

have you tried ripping with the anydvd ripper?

i haven’t personally backed up this title so hopefully some who has can jump in here at some point, but this was put out by I believe Focus films who are usually not on the forefront of new copy protections.

my money is on a manufacturing defect.

give the anydvd ripper a try and hopefully in the meantime someone else who had purchased this disc will be able to let you know how their luck was!

I was wondering if anyone has used any dvd ripper? If so, how long dose it take to rip a movie? are there any special things you do before using it? thank you all for any tips or info…

@outoftownerwa
Depends on the file size, condition of the disc and your drive/burner, but no there’s nothing special to know to start anydvdripper very easy to use.

outoftownerwa,
Let’s not hi-jack CrazyFoo’s thread. Just rip with AnyDVD and check it out yourself.

CrazyFoo,
Rip it as reasonsnotrules suggested and come-on back and tell us if you got Pride & Prejudice onto your hard drive. Make a folder on your desktop and name it P&P. Point (brouse) AnyDVD ripper to rip all the files off the DVD original to that folder.

Reasonsnotrules,
Should he use the “Write Existing Data” method or should he point “Clone DVD” to the desktop folder with the DVD files?

Whisperer

write existing data only allows data to be written as is. if he’s burning to a DL disc, write existing will be just fine, but chances are he’ll need to shrink the DL rip to a single layer disc by having to point clonedvd to the directory to which it was ripped and processing (transcoding) from there.

Do yourself a favour and quote exact version numbers. Thank you! :wink:

Anydvd = version 5.9.4.1
CloneDvd2 = version 2.8.9.2

I will see if I can get another disc somehwere to see if perhaps it is a corrupt dvd or whatever, at least I can remove that option.

Now when you guys say to try to “rip” it, using anydvd ripper, what exactly do you mean?
I hate to admit that I’m a dumbass when it comes to this stuff, but it’s true.

When I bought the software package (anydvd, clonedvd2, and clonecd) I immediatly started using it and have never had a problem backing up my library (with the exception of hitch, but that was eventually sorted out)

Do you guys mean using the anydvd mobile software?
Btw, this question is somewhat OT, but when I purchased the package, anydvd mobile was not out yet, is there a way I can add it to my package now by somehow paying the increase in the bundle price, and not the full ‘stand alone’ price?

In the meantime, I will locate another copy of the title thread and see if it’s just a bug on the DVD itself.

I’ll report my results here.

Regards
AJ

(Mobile) i think it was mentioned it would be reduced if you had the package, but don’t quote me on it

you’re talking about clonedvd mobile.

i’m talking about the anydvd ripper that was included beginning with version 5.9.0.0. right click on the fox and click “rip video to hard drive”

after that it’s rather self explanatory. it’s sort of like a copy and paste, but it fixes structural and mastering errors as it goes along (using FixVTS sort of “on the fly” if you want to put it that way)

I tried it again with my original copy because I wanted to post more details.

After about 59% complete, the error message came up saying:

Processing Error:

E:/VIDEO_TS_01_4.VOB: read error
Data error (cyclic redundancy check)
If reading the mdeia has failed, please clean the surface and try again.

Under Details tab is says:

File 1 E:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_4.VOB 23 TCSectorReader

Regards
AJ

reasonsnotrules :
I’m doing your suggestion now (I selected my desktop as destination)
Once completed, how do I then put it on a blank dvd?
Btw, thx for your help, it’s appreciated.

Regards
AJ

you can then use clonedvd to point to the folder that anydvd has created on your hard drive and process as if it were the original dvd.

based on the added info you posted in your previous post, it really seems to me to be a source disc problem.

just go back to where you bought it and exchange it for a non-defective copy.

can you post the anydvd info window for this disc? my intuition tells me it’s not going to be heavily protected, but it’s good to see for sure.

I think you have a defective disc. Nearly all of these types of errors are due to damaged or dirty discs and/or bad “presses”…

I even got an error message as I was ripping it to my desktop.
I aborted it.

I’ll let you know what happens with a new copy of the title.

Regards and thanks!

Here is the info window (I hope this is what your asking for, if not, let me know)

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 5.9.4.1)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2042624 sectors (3989 MBytes)
Total size: 4061094 sectors (7931 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: PRIDE_AND_PREJUDICE
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1

I just backed up Pride & Prejudice R1 with clonedvd2 and anydvd no problems at all for me.

I’m getting the same error at the same place. Using AnyDVD 5.9.4.1, CloneDvd2 = version 2.8.9.2. Tried DVD Decrypter, DVDShrink, DVD Fab decrypter, AnyDVD Ripper. They all get stuck at exactly the same place.

Something is going on.

send the IFOs to slysoft then and they should be able to tell.

although i dont think it’s copy protection since other users have reported successful backups…

doesn’t hurt to send off the IFOs to be sure though I guess.

Yeah. Just sent the IFO files. Maybe a bad batch of DVDs made…we’ll see. All other DVDs are backing up fine so it’s weird that just this one is causing a problem with some users and at the same place.

After finding that the original DVD hangs while playing on 2 DVD readers and 2 standalone players, I pretty sure that this problem is due to “bad pressing” when the DVD was made. 2 new DVDs from the same store hang in players at the same place. That’s a defective batch that was released. Pretty sure of it.