Prices of 12x DVD Dual burners drop to clear inventories

vbimport

I just posted the article Prices of 12x DVD Dual burners drop to clear inventories.

GristyMcFisty used our news submit to tell us that according to this
report over at DigiTimes, retail prices of 12X burners just dipped to 88 dollars
US. The article states that Lite-On and…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/9084-Prices-of-12x-DVD-Dual-burners-drop-to-clear-inventories.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/9084-Prices-of-12x-DVD-Dual-burners-drop-to-clear-inventories.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Yeah right, that is hardly any deal at all. You can get NEC and Pioneer 16X single layer and 4X dual layer burner at newegg.com for $78 and $82 respectively. That is what we called REAL fire sale.

Okay, cdfreaks removed the price in my previous post. You can get NEC and Pioneer 16X single layer and 4X dual layer burner at newegg.com for seventy eight and eighty two dollars respectively. That is what we called REAL fire sale.

Your prices were probably not removed by CD Freaks, but by the reaction system. If you want to use the Dollar sign $ , you have to put a blank after it. ($ 100 for example) We even have to take care of it when writing these news ourselves.

That’s what it was Liggy, thank you for explaining that. In addition, any time one of the reactions is edited, say for offensive language, it will show when and who did it at the bottom. This is automatic and out of our control so as to keep such things from happening without a trace. On the other hand, that dollar bug has been a pain for a long time. But, no one can seem to correct the script. I edited this so that realnewbie can see what I mean about the editing trail.
[edited by Crabbyappleton on 21.09.2004 15:05]

Hi Down movement of DVD recorder prices is really surprising, something must be cooking…maybe we will see larger capacity media sooner than expected just sometime ago… because DVD media is going down a lot also. Will this be the first signal? http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/10530 At least for the reading side is kind of a surprise.

What bothers me a bit is that with the Pioneer DVR-108 (16x ± and 4x DL) selling at Newegg for under $90.00, that doesn’t leave much room for quality control. I wonder if the dramatic drop in prices is the reason you read about so many drive failures in Videohelp.com and DVDplusRW.org’s forums.

That was $ 90.00

As an example, I purchased a Ricoh RW-5125a drive a few years ago for $ 284.00. A couple of months ago, I purchased a Benq DW800a for $ 80.00. This drive is now failing to write DVD + or - with three writing software packages. I replaced it with the trusty RW5125a and all is well again except I cannot write to - media and the write speed is back to 2.4x.

Those are actually “retail” prices" I live in Taiwan and you can get them much cheaper in underground markets.