Price Change effective May 08,2008

vbimport

I just read on the DVD Idle that the price for DVDFab Platinum is going up.

Does anybody have any idea what it is going up to?

It also states that anybody buying before May 08, 2008 will have free upgrades for life.

Does that mean that after May 08, 2008 that upgrades will not be available for lifetime upgrades.

I looked and cannot see anything concerning the price change information.

Your help would be appreciated
Thanks snagel

[quote=snagel;2043161]I just read on the DVD Idle that the price for DVDFab Platinum is going up.

Does anybody have any idea what it is going up to?

It also states that anybody buying before May 08, 2008 will have free upgrades for life.

Does that mean that after May 08, 2008 that upgrades will not be available for lifetime upgrades.

I looked and cannot see anything concerning the price change information.

Your help would be appreciated
Thanks snagel[/quote]

The price after May 08, I don’t know, bit you’re thinking to a right way: After this date they will change to limit Keys. I don’t know Fengtaos strategy, that is what I think only. With Alcohol Software is the same thing. You can buy limited Keys for low Bugs or lifetime Keys for double (or more) money. This is the future… :flower:

The bottom line is that we all love the software and someone has to pay for it. Research and Development cost money, Inflation is rampant in all parts of the world. If we want updates and a good program, we have to pay for it. Fengtao deserves every dime, he works to give you the best.

[quote=alan1476;2043182]The bottom line is that we all love the software and someone has to pay for it. Research and Development cost money, Inflation is rampant in all parts of the world. If we want updates and a good program, we have to pay for it. Fengtao deserves every dime, he works to give you the best.[/quote]:iagree: DVDFab would still be a bargain at twice the price. I have 2 licenses for Platinum and would line up tomorrow to buy a “new lifetime license” (if it even exists). Look at what you get for what you pay.

Dear all,

We have decleared on our website:

All customers who buy before May 8th, 2008 will get free lifetime upgrades.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

[QUOTE=fengtao;2043294]Dear all,

We have decleared on our website:

All customers who buy before May 8th, 2008 will get free lifetime upgrades.

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]Fengtao and after that? I tell people i know to buy your app. What will i tell them now please?

Hi Bob,

You get about two weeks from today, which means from now to May 8th, you can buy anytime to get free lifetime upgrades.

After May 8th, you will see the new price when it’s the right time.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

What do you mean line up tomorrow to buy a new lifetime license.

They still exist today! Buy two or three more. :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::slight_smile: lol.

Will they still have the free version HD or not?

I am trying to find out what to do for my son. He is having all kinds of problems with his computer and if it takes a dive after buying the Platinum license and then the computer dies then he’ll be out of luck won’t he. That is if he has to buy a new computer after purchasing the new Platinum. Or will the license he buys be able to be transferred to the other computer.

I know, I know. No, I am not trying to circumvent anything by having it on two computers at the same time and only purchasing one license… So put that out of your pretty little heads. I am only trying to figure out what the hell to do for him right now… I really don’t want to have to go out and buy a new computer right now as I am in hopes that the problems he is having right now can be fixed. Otherwise I guess we’re stuck in a dilemma.

To Buy or Not To Buy that is the question?

Email the keyfile to yourself. Put it on a pin drive.

In English, the word “Would” implies a conditional or indefinite future outcome. I have 2 platinum licenses already.

[QUOTE=fengtao;2043359]Hi Bob,

You get about two weeks from today, which means from now to May 8th, you can buy anytime to get free lifetime upgrades.

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]

I take that to mean that after may 8th if you purchase you will not get life time updates and upgrades and there will be a price to upgrade ect?

I guess you will have to wait till May8th, buy it now and avoid the trouble.:iagree: Yes after 3 posts by Fengtao , there will be a price upgrade May8th. Its really a very simple concept.
fengtao[B]Re:

Price Change effective May 08,2008
[/B]

[quote=signals;2043550]Email the keyfile to yourself. Put it on a pin drive.

In English, the word “Would” implies a conditional or indefinite future outcome. I have 2 platinum licenses already.[/quote]

I know I was just kidding with you a little.:bigsmile:
I took your first response to really mean,   that is how happy you are with the product.   :iagree::iagree::iagree:

Could you please elaborate Email the keyfile to yourself.
What is a keyfile?
What is a pin drive?    Is that the same as a thumb drive or palm drive?

I am not trying to act dumb here,  its just that I have not heard reference to a pin drive before.    Unless of course, it is a thumb drive.    Then at least I'll know that we are talking about the same thing.

And then after e-mailing it to myself then what?

Would this allow him to use it on the computer he has right now?  and then when it does take the dive transfer it to the new computer?

Again my only intentions are to only have it on one computer at a time.  Not to use it on multiple computers.

Signals I would appreciate your help
please feel free to P.M. me if you’d like to.

snagel

I think the most common term for what Signals is referring to is a “USB Flash Drive”. I am lucky enough to still have a floopy drive on my PC so I just keep all my reg files on 1 floppy, most of them are only about 1 or 2 kbs.

Thanks alan, that’s what I thought. I have heard of the USB flash drive.
Personally I have two of the Seagate 5.0Gig palm drives.

But I’m not sure about the e-mailing the key file to myself.

I am in hope that he will elaborate on this either in the forums or in P.M.
Or in hopes someone will.

Lucky enough to still have a floppy drive. I hear you there.

I wish I would have gotten one on mine. The one and only time I needed it was because a photo studio had put copies of my first granddaughter on a floppy disc and I didn’t have one.
I had to go somewhere else to a computer that did have one and then copy the pictures to a CD. It worked but what a PITA.

Would a DVD drive suffice for keeping the reg files.

[quote=snagel;2043595]Thanks alan, that’s what I thought. I have heard of the USB flash drive.
Personally I have two of the Seagate 5.0Gig palm drives.

But I’m not sure about the e-mailing the key file to myself.

I am in hope that he will elaborate on this either in the forums or in P.M.
Or in hopes someone will.

Lucky enough to still have a floppy drive. I hear you there.

I wish I would have gotten one on mine. The one and only time I needed it was because a photo studio had put copies of my first granddaughter on a floppy disc and I didn’t have one.
I had to go somewhere else to a computer that did have one and then copy the pictures to a CD. It worked but what a PITA.

Would a DVD drive suffice for keeping the reg files.[/quote]
OK do you still have the email with your activation key on it from dvdfab? If not then hopefully you have it saved on your computer. copy that key to your thumb drive or send it to yourself in an email that way you have it backed up if you need it again. As for the buying another computer you can email customer support and see what they say so you can rest. you can back up your reg key on a blank dvd too and store it in a safe place

[QUOTE=GJ;2043656]OK do you still have the email with your activation key on it from dvdfab? If not then hopefully you have it saved on your computer. copy that key to your thumb drive or send it to yourself in an email that way you have it backed up if you need it again. As for the buying another computer you can email customer support and see what they say so you can rest. you can back up your reg key on a blank dvd too and store it in a safe place[/QUOTE]

bit of a waste of DVD !

burn the key + the email receipt + the install.exe for the program itself onto a blank CD if you are paranoid, but as long as you don’t forget your own email adderss you can ask for another key to be sent you anytime.

You can also always re-download the latest program, but many people keep their previous versions of the program backed up somewhere as they are not available at the dvdfab website.

the keyfile is just a very small data file wich you can copy to any removable media