Previously okay DVD's will not all play on Bluray player

I recently bought a Sony BDP-S550 blu ray player and only some of the many DVD’s previously burned with DVDFAB will play, but not all. Same media was used for the disks and they all play fine on PC and other DVD players. I cannot recognize any patter, can anyone suggest solutions? Are there preferred settings when copying DVD to DVD for playback on Bluray players? Any way to “re-copy” the failed disks on my PC in a manner that my Blu Ray may be able to read them? Thanks to any who can shed some light

Maybe you need a firmware update for the BD player, also you can use Imgburn as burn engine in dvdfab and reburn 1 copy that did not play then check and see if the new copy will play if so then do the same for all copies that not play.

did you use the VSO burn engine? some users report finalization problems when using the VSO burn engine, maybe it was happening to you on random disc but not reporting any error message?

all three of my dvd players will still play a disc which was not finalized properly by VSO, but i do not have a bluray player to check.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/post-here-vso-burning-issues-248171/#post2090500

Thanks to GJ for the suggest to use IMGBURN. I downloaded and used IMGBURN to create and then burn an image of one unplayable disk and it now plays just fine on my Sony BRD player!

I had switched from VSO to using Nero as a burning engine a while ago and was pleased with the improvement, but this is perhaps better still. I am unsure the tech differances or pros/cons between these 3 burning engines. But IMGBURN works and it’s hard to argue with that.

Thanks again to GJ, and also to Troy512 for taking the time to reply, appreciated!

[quote=riverwing;2208157]Thanks to GJ for the suggest to use IMGBURN. I downloaded and used IMGBURN to create and then burn an image of one unplayable disk and it now plays just fine on my Sony BRD player!

I had switched from VSO to using Nero as a burning engine a while ago and was pleased with the improvement, but this is perhaps better still. I am unsure the tech differances or pros/cons between these 3 burning engines. But IMGBURN works and it’s hard to argue with that.

Thanks again to GJ, and also to Troy512 for taking the time to reply, appreciated![/quote]
No problem as IgmBurn usually fixes the playback problem that some users have. It intigrates into DVDfab perfectly and you can choose different burn speeds for the MID of the blank media you use. Troy512 has a tutorial about this somewhere but I not remember where maybe he will post when he is online again.