Previously good DVD's now blank

Hi, I am trying to help a friend who has a number of holiday DVD’s (DVD+R), all of which have been viewed several times. Now however they all appear blank. I have tried programs such as Stellar Phoenix CD DVD Data Recovery and Bad Copy Pro, but they either say the disk is blank or is filled with bad sectors. If it was 1 disk I would assume damage, but there is a whole collection of them.

Hope you can help.

There are a couple of other programs to try. ISOBuster is a commercial program for this, though there is a free version that you should try first.

The second one works in a different manner, and I’m not sure it will apply for these, but it is free to download and try. It is called ISOPuzzle.

Also try them in different dvd drives, some are better than others when trying to read difficult discs.

[QUOTE=weedougie;2679784]Also try them in different dvd drives, some are better than others when trying to read difficult discs.[/QUOTE]

Upgrades to a DVD drive that includes blue ray and/or double density has been known to cause this problem.