Preview screen black

I just upgraded to dvdfab 6 when I go to backup (just a regular dvd to dvd) as it is initiating the video plays the audio but all I have in the preview pane for video is a black screen??? I’m sure its a simple fix but for the life of me I can’t get it. Any ideas would be much appreciated.:wink:

[QUOTE=waltwood;2276781]I just upgraded to dvdfab 6 when I go to backup (just a regular dvd to dvd) as it is initiating the video plays the audio but all I have in the preview pane for video is a black screen??? I’m sure its a simple fix but for the life of me I can’t get it. Any ideas would be much appreciated.;)[/QUOTE]

Go into common settings>preview, and make sure the selected decoder is DirectShow, not Internal. The DVDFab filters just below the decoder setting should work OK.

Please try that and let us know.

OC

:slight_smile:

Do you have an ATI video card?

For Signals and o’canada,
respectively no I do not have an ATI card from near as I can figure it is an S3 graphics , and my preview pane was set to direct show the entire time by the way, I have had dvdfab for a few months and the preview screen worked just fine until this download…if you need more info please let me know. thanks

Thanks for the info waltwood. I can’t make mine not work, so I can’t really offer you much else right now. I will think about it and do some more experimenting. A good first test might be to rip a few chapters of some DVD to your hard drive, then try to open the folder as a Source and see if it behaves any differently.

Hi

I’ve been having the same problem. I’ve seen this problem posted by 4 or 5 other people.
This is the link to my Post:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/6-0-0-5-still-no-preview-video-274362/

I emailed Support and the only suggestion Sunny has had so far was to uninstall, use ccleaner and reinstall from fresh download.
But I’ve done clean uninstalls 4 times.

I have uninstalled the program, deleted all the references in Stormjumper’s “clean uninstall” directions
manually ran a search in regedit to remove DVDFab keys and strings.
Installed and ran CCleaner
ran Registry Mechanic (which found 2 links CCleaner did not find)
Rebooted and ran Defrag
Downloaded and installed 6.0.1.0 from the website and used the key sent by Sunny

BUT, still no video..........  

If I select Internal instead of Directshow, I get video, but no audio.

The only other thing I’ve found that is strange is in Registry,
HKEy Current User-Software-Microsoft-Windows- Current Version-Explorer-Autoplay Handler… show DVDFab5 , event though I manually deleted those values when doing the uninstall. Which means that putting V6 on put that value back in registry. So when a dvd is inserted the Autoplay window comes up with the option to Copy/Convert/Burn with DVDFab 5 (instead of 6).
Maybe a totally different issue.?

But the software does copy.

[QUOTE=Shmoosma;2278581]Hi

I’ve been having the same problem. I’ve seen this problem posted by 4 or 5 other people.
This is the link to my Post:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/6-0-0-5-still-no-preview-video-274362/

I emailed Support and the only suggestion Sunny has had so far was to uninstall, use ccleaner and reinstall from fresh download.
But I’ve done clean uninstalls 4 times.

I have uninstalled the program, deleted all the references in Stormjumper’s “clean uninstall” directions
manually ran a search in regedit to remove DVDFab keys and strings.
Installed and ran CCleaner
ran Registry Mechanic (which found 2 links CCleaner did not find)
Rebooted and ran Defrag
Downloaded and installed 6.0.1.0 from the website and used the key sent by Sunny

BUT, still no video..........  

If I select Internal instead of Directshow, I get video, but no audio.

The only other thing I’ve found that is strange is in Registry,
[B]HKEy Current User-Software-Microsoft-Windows- Current Version-Explorer-Autoplay Handler[/B]… show DVDFab5 , event though I manually deleted those values when doing the uninstall. Which means that putting V6 on put that value back in registry. So when a dvd is inserted the Autoplay window comes up with the option to Copy/Convert/Burn with DVDFab 5 (instead of 6).
Maybe a totally different issue.?

But the software does copy.[/QUOTE]

The above value in bold is for the autoplay pop up screen that you receive when you insert a DVD or CD where you are asked to select which program you wish to use to open the disc.

WALTWOOD…in dvd6310 set preview to NERO VIDEO that worked for me !

Stormjumper via Schmoosma the situation is almost identical (I made a mistake in my last post ie on internal setting I get video and no audio exactly as described by Sch…) I went back to the registry edit and under current user-software-dvdfab Iget v6 however under local machine-software-dvdfab I get mobile, v5, v6 even though I have also gone in manually and deleted the entire program and associated files with allexcept the v6. I could not find the autoplay handler I did have autocomplete but no reference to dvdfab (by the way I am running XP) in regards to the window upon inserting a disc yes I get asked to copy/burn/convert with DVDFAB5 NOT 6. Now my question is, was the problem Schmoosma talks about ever fixed by him or anyone else, have not tried jolly rogers suggestion of setting to nero video will try that next. Appreciate the help.

[QUOTE=waltwood;2279130]Stormjumper via Schmoosma the situation is almost identical (I made a mistake in my last post ie on internal setting I get video and no audio exactly as described by Sch…) I went back to the registry edit and under current user-software-dvdfab Iget v6 however under local machine-software-dvdfab I get mobile, v5, v6 even though I have also gone in manually and deleted the entire program and associated files with allexcept the v6. I could not find the autoplay handler I did have autocomplete but no reference to dvdfab (by the way I am running XP) in regards to the window upon inserting a disc yes I get asked to copy/burn/convert with DVDFAB5 NOT 6. Now my question is, was the problem Schmoosma talks about ever fixed by him or anyone else, have not tried jolly rogers suggestion of setting to nero video will try that next. Appreciate the help.[/QUOTE]

Do you by chance have Nero incd and/or Nero’s media player(showtime I think) ?

back in Jan 09 I installedan internal super multi dvd rewriter lg gh22 with it came a bundle of software that included nero express and incd they were installed but I don’t believe Ive used it . All of my backups have been done using the lg rewriter, dvdfab, and img burn . Ialso received with that bundle cyberlinks power producer and power dvd.

This is still a problem for me. I haven’t been able to come up with any other ideas and I’m hoping one of the senior members will think of something - or Ting or Fengtao will pick up on this.

I have no other software installed except Windows Media Player because I’m using VMWare Fusion to run Win XP on my Mac. And, it did work before with version 5.2.5.0… and earlier versions. No other changes or software additions to my machine. - except MS Window updates.

By the by, I’m a gal, not a guy. :wink:

I tried jolly rogers suggestion of changing from the dvdfab decoder to using nero dvd under previews-video decoder and it worked the preview pane jumped up to fill half the page , but this doesn’t solve the problem of using the dvdfab decoder which still only shows ablack screen with audio. I haven’t used the nero for a full download to see if there are any glitches with it. My apologies to shmoosma.

[QUOTE=waltwood;2279212]I tried jolly rogers suggestion of changing from the dvdfab decoder to using nero dvd under previews-video decoder and it worked the preview pane jumped up to fill half the page , but this doesn’t solve the problem of using the dvdfab decoder which still only shows ablack screen with audio. I haven’t used the nero for a full download to see if there are any glitches with it. My apologies to shmoosma.[/QUOTE]

I knew if I waited, you guys would point me to the solution.
Nero’s InCD is the culprit.

Start up Imgburn, and go to Tools.

Near the bottom of the list is the driver load order option. Select that. If Nero’s InCD driver appears on that list, delete it, re-boot, and try again.
I think you’ll find your preview is back.

InCD is a known offender for this sort of thing.

OC

[QUOTE=OCanada;2279268]I knew if I waited, you guys would point me to the solution.
Nero’s InCD is the culprit.

Start up Imgburn, and go to Tools.

Near the bottom of the list is the driver load order option. Select that. If Nero’s InCD driver appears on that list, delete it, re-boot, and try again.
I think you’ll find your preview is back.

InCD is a known offender for this sort of thing.

OC

:)[/QUOTE]

That is what I was trying to get at in post #10 :bigsmile: but hey you took over :clap:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2279296]That is what I was trying to get at in post #10 :bigsmile: but hey you took over :clap:[/QUOTE]

Sorry, my friend…didn’t mean to hi-jack your solution…:doh:

OC

:o

[QUOTE=OCanada;2279302]Sorry, my friend…didn’t mean to hi-jack your solution…:doh:

OC

:o[/QUOTE]

was no hi-jacking we work together around here :wink:

you are right there are two of them incdrm and InCDpass do I delete both or just one? if so which one?

[QUOTE=waltwood;2279310]you are right there are two of them incdrm and InCDpass do I delete both or just one? if so which one?[/QUOTE]

Both…just to be sure.

OC

deleted both , rebooted , and reset directshow with dvdfab decoder. turned on v6 preview pane came on after id’ing the video, still black video and now the audio is garbled as well!!!