Preview pane shows only garbled images (Gold ver 5.2.5)

Hi all - my first post to this forum.

I started using DVD Fab only a few months back (ver 5.x) and was having pretty good luck with it, but then upgraded to ver 6 and things stopped working (discs not recognized, failure to burn, things like that). I re-installed ver 5, but that wasn’t working either, so I did a full “clean” uninstall of both version, and then re-installed 5.2.5 (non-css). Now I am not able to see the preview clearly, it’s pixelated and the sound is bad. I’m a little nervous proceeding with the burn since I haven’t seen this before.

Some details:
Ver 5.2.5 with Mobile option
Windows Vista Home
Sony VAIO all in one PC

The DVD I’m having issues with is my Aliens Quadrilogy, it’s happening for every disk.

Thanks!

[QUOTE=nyc999;2290695]Hi all - my first post to this forum.

I started using DVD Fab only a few months back (ver 5.x) and was having pretty good luck with it, but then upgraded to ver 6 and things stopped working (discs not recognized, failure to burn, things like that). I re-installed ver 5, but that wasn’t working either, so I did a full “clean” uninstall of both version, and then re-installed 5.2.5 (non-css). Now I am not able to see the preview clearly, it’s pixelated and the sound is bad. I’m a little nervous proceeding with the burn since I haven’t seen this before.

Some details:
Ver 5.2.5 with Mobile option
Windows Vista Home
Sony VAIO all in one PC

The DVD I’m having issues with is my Aliens Quadrilogy, it’s happening for every disk.

Thanks![/QUOTE]
First off “re-installed 5.2.5 (non-css)”…why would you want the non-css version it doesn’t allow you to burn the copied files :confused:

and on the preview issue after you make sure you have the css version of DVDFab by downloading from dvdfab.[B]com[/B] not their .net website, open DVDFab’s common settings-> “Preview” and select “DirectShow” as the decoder and give that a try :bigsmile:

Hi - didn’t realize that the non-CSS version wouldn’t burn… I’ve done full uninstalls of all earlier versions, then done a clean install of 6.0.1.0, and I’m still having the same issue… I tried changing the converter to Intervideo but the preview was still garbled. If I try to proceed with DVD to Mobile Percent stays at zero and Task Time Left stays at zero. When I look at the Info option it says:
CSS (Content Scramble System) protection is removed!
RC (Region Code) protection is removed!
RCE (Region Code Enhancement) protection is removed!
APS (Analog Protection System) protection is not found.
UOPs (User Operation Prohibitions) protection is removed!

Sounds like I should be able to back up the disc, but no luck. Any additional ideas?

[QUOTE=nyc999;2295507]Hi - didn’t realize that the non-CSS version wouldn’t burn… I’ve done full uninstalls of all earlier versions, then done a clean install of 6.0.1.0, and I’m still having the same issue… I tried changing the converter to Intervideo but the preview was still garbled. If I try to proceed with DVD to Mobile Percent stays at zero and Task Time Left stays at zero. When I look at the Info option it says:
CSS (Content Scramble System) protection is removed!
RC (Region Code) protection is removed!
RCE (Region Code Enhancement) protection is removed!
APS (Analog Protection System) protection is not found.
UOPs (User Operation Prohibitions) protection is removed!

Sounds like I should be able to back up the disc, but no luck. Any additional ideas?[/QUOTE]

To make sure we have all issues covered and all problems solved, we should take this one step at a time. For the present, let’s forget the mobile option.

Did you take Stormjumper’s advice and download the correct program, and, did you make the adjustment he suggested, and has it cleared up your preview issue?

Please advise.

OC

:slight_smile:

I finally self-resolved this issue, and I wanted to share it with the forum. Turns out I had played a region 2 DVD on my machine at some point, and Windows Media Player somehow was set to Region 2 forever… I went into WMP, changed the setting back to Region 1, then DVD Fab started working for me again.

I hadn’t seen this anywhere on the forum, so thought I’d post it. If you get garbled images in the preview screen try checking your WMP settings. I am very relieved to have DVD Fab back in my life.

Thanks all, great forum, and by the way - the e-mail support I received from Wendy during the past 2 weeks was outstanding, so no more complaining about support (at least not from me!) :clap::clap: