Preview frame black in dvdfab 6

Dvdfab 6 records fine however in the preview frame all I get is the audio in other words no video when I am downloading to start with. In ver. 5 I had no problem with this at all. Have uninstalled and reinstalled ver. 6 , 3 times no difference!!! Help! and thanks to signals and o’canada but neither worked.

[QUOTE=waltwood;2277948]Dvdfab 6 records fine however in the preview frame all I get is the audio in other words no video when I am downloading to start with. In ver. 5 I had no problem with this at all. Have uninstalled and reinstalled ver. 6 , 3 times no difference!!! Help! and thanks to signals and o’canada but neither worked.[/QUOTE]

What version of DirectX do you have installed on your computer?

OC

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=waltwood;2277948]Dvdfab 6 records fine however in the preview frame all I get is the audio in other words no video when I am downloading to start with. In ver. 5 I had no problem with this at all. Have uninstalled and reinstalled ver. 6 , 3 times no difference!!! Help! and thanks to signals and o’canada but neither worked.[/QUOTE]

Try going into DVDFab’s common settings-> “Preview” and under “Decoder” change the setting to the opposite of what you have now…if DirectShow is ticked then change to internal

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2277990]Try going into DVDFab’s common settings-> “Preview” and under “Decoder” change the setting to the opposite of what you have now…if DirectShow is ticked then change to internal[/QUOTE]

Tim, this OP has another post on the same problem (see page 2, 7th or 8th item down). Your idea has already been tried and doesn’t work.

He claims it worked on 5.X.X.X, but not on 6. Nothing changed in Fab (I don’t think), re preview, so I suspect something on his system changed. Just have to find out what.

OC

Currently have direct x 2009. Also read a previous post who solved the same sort of [problem as near as I can tell … with his system crashing it resolved his problem , is there more to this or can I recreate the situation it was hard to understand exactly how he solved it. Tried changing the directshow and it didn’t do anything thanks any way.

Must be some sort of OS problem or some such. I tried to reproduce the issue on my system and I can’t make mine not work! Any of these below in any combination will work just fine.

[QUOTE=waltwood;2278000]Currently have direct x 2009. Also read a previous post who solved the same sort of [problem as near as I can tell … with his system crashing it resolved his problem , is there more to this or can I recreate the situation it was hard to understand exactly how he solved it. Tried changing the directshow and it didn’t do anything thanks any way.[/QUOTE]

The thing that makes this one hard to figure is the fact that you had preview working in v5.X.X.X, then say you up-graded to v6.X.X.X, and suddenly it stops working (or, at least, the video does).

Nothing significant in the program changed for preview between 5 & 6, so by rights, 6 should work as well as 5 did.

But you’re saying it doesn’t. Did anything change on your system? (new software, change in virus or spyware program, change in system settings for any reason??)?

Preview for me works fine in both versions running XP Pro with an ATI video card. What are you running?

OC

Well I solved part of it!!! I changed the direct show back to INTERNAL and I managed to get the preview frame (the video and audio) back minus the menu that is in the directshow window . However the directshow is still audio only. Don’t ask me what did it because I don’t have a clue, with all the downloading and playing with the settings. Ocanada to answer your question I haven’t really done anything notable in quite a while except downloading the new dvdfab!! Thanks again.

I would say there is a problem with the program as you are not supposed to have audio in the internal mode, only video. As per the offical guide.

[QUOTE=waltwood;2278053]Well I solved part of it!!! I changed the direct show back to INTERNAL and I managed to get the preview frame (the video and audio) back minus the menu that is in the directshow window . However the directshow is still audio only. Don’t ask me what did it because I don’t have a clue, with all the downloading and playing with the settings. Ocanada to answer your question I haven’t really done anything notable in quite a while except downloading the new dvdfab!! Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

You mentioned in your first post that you had done a re-install 3 times in an attempt to fix the problem. Did you re-install your original download, or did you re-install fresh downloads each time?

OC

Ting, you have a PM in your box, Please read when you have time.

Thanks