Preserving DVD quality

I just ripped the series of a favorite program of mine using DVDDecrypter. I now have six ISO files and 6 associated MDS files. the ISO files range from 4.9 to 6.6 GB in size. My DVD-R’s are 4.7 GB, so I know I cant burn these full images as they are.

A) Can I burn these with full image quality, putting as many episodes(by extracting them from the iso first) as can fit on each DVD that will just play in sequence

or Can/should I:

B) Use DVD shrink to shrink the size of the images AND preserve all menu structure

will just burning the VOB’s directly as data produce a playable DVD?

Both. Most dvd players will play the vobs sequentially even if there’s no menu.

It the files you have are in 4.9 to 6.6 GB in size, they will have to be compressed.
No matter what you will be able to put one per DVD5 with minimum quality loss. You can put as many as you want on one disc, but quality will be lost, however that is up to you what you can stand.
DVD Shrink in Reauthor mode will loose menus.
If you want to keep menu structure, try DVD Rebuilder for compression and removing some extras you do not need.
There is free or payed version of that software.

http://dvd-rb.dvd2go.org/modules.php?name=Downloads

but cant i put as many vob’s as will fit without any compression???

No, because every VOB is part of whole movie and controlled by IFO file,
As you can see, VOB are different size, some 1000mb, some less than that.
It is a whole movie divided into VOB. 1000 is a max size DVD player will work with, that is why you have most 1000 and what is left is anywhere from 900 to 600 or less.
DVD movie is not the same as a data file.

No, because every VOB is part of whole movie and controlled by IFO file,
As you can see, VOB are different size, some 1000mb, some less than that.
It is a whole movie divided into VOB. 1000 is a max size DVD player will work with, that is why you have most 1000 and what is left is anywhere from 900 to 600 or less.
DVD movie is not the same as a data file.

yes, I understand now.

thanks.