Pres. Obama applauds China for better piracy enforcement

vbimport

I just posted the article Pres. Obama applauds China for better piracy enforcement.

Pres. Obama and Chinese President Hu Jintao held a joint-press conference in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday with the topic of intellectual property and piracy a talking point. The expected trade talks even caused China to launch a piracy crackdown</a> as the Chinese president prepared for his trip stateside.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/pres-obama-applauds-china-for-better-piracy-enforcement-38971/](http://www.myce.com/news/pres-obama-applauds-china-for-better-piracy-enforcement-38971/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

This about sums up the China visit:

http://www.nma.tv/hu-jintao-jets-washington-2/

[QUOTE=UTR;2570502]This about sums up the China visit:

http://www.nma.tv/hu-jintao-jets-washington-2/[/QUOTE]

Guess people haven’t learned anything from Obama’s speech and the shooting victims…figures - small brains will always be Ruled by CHINA…so sad but so TRUE… :iagree:

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2570504]Guess people haven’t learned anything from Obama’s speech and the shooting victims…figures - small brains will always be Ruled by CHINA…so sad but so TRUE… :iagree:[/QUOTE]

Here is a quote from Obama:

[B][I]“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” Obama said in Philadelphia last night. “Because from what I understand, folks in Philly like a good brawl. I’ve seen Eagles fans.”[/I][/B]

It is statements like the above why most people don’t take him seriously or believe him at face value. Hu, Putin etc. are playing him like a fiddle and he just continues to let them make him look like a fool. I find it ironic that a Nobel Prize winner (Obama) gives the red carpet treatment to a dictator that has a previous Nobel Prize winner under perpetual house arrest for speaking his mind. Obama has almost zero credibility left on any number of issues. His hypocrisy is epic at this point.

[QUOTE=UTR;2570543]Here is a quote from Obama:

[B][I]“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” Obama said in Philadelphia last night. “Because from what I understand, folks in Philly like a good brawl. I’ve seen Eagles fans.”[/I][/B]

It is statements like the above why most people don’t take him seriously or believe him at face value. Hu, Putin etc. are playing him like a fiddle and he just continues to let them make him look like a fool. I find it ironic that a Nobel Prize winner (Obama) gives the red carpet treatment to a dictator that has a previous Nobel Prize winner under perpetual house arrest for speaking his mind. Obama has almost zero credibility left on any number of issues. His hypocrisy is epic at this point.[/QUOTE]

Yeah unfortunately those kinda response are from the very same people whom wanted cheap and fast products started this problem in the first place. Maybe those people should take a good look at the mirror and ask themselves whom was it that really created the problem in the first place right. Hypocrisy is those making these very statements started the problem and can’t face the Fact they wanted cheap and now can’t face the Reality they are the cause of the problem…

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2570573]Yeah unfortunately those kinda response are from the very same people whom wanted cheap and fast products started this problem in the first place. Maybe those people should take a good look at the mirror and ask themselves whom was it that really created the problem in the first place right. Hypocrisy is those making these very statements started the problem and can’t face the Fact they wanted cheap and now can’t face the Reality they are the cause of the problem…[/QUOTE]

IMO, it isn’t that we buy too much from China. It is that our government has become such a burden on business through excessive regulation and taxation that they have forced them to shift manufacturing overseas. The USA has the second highest corporate tax rate in the world and this puts every business operating manufacturing facilities in the USA to a huge disadvantage against companies in China, India, Korea etc.

All it would take to reverse the tide of manufacturing leaving the USA is for the government to reduce taxes across the board and eliminate the anchor of excessive regulation placed on business. The reversal would be fast and surprising. Then companies would elect to develop, and manufacture, new products here instead of abroad. It would also help to overhaul the school system to promote students to enter the science and engineering fields and requiring students to obtain, and teachers to offer, a quality education. This could be done without increasing the school budgets one penny.

I have a lot of respect for much of what China is accomplishing economically. They are beating us at our own game, i.e. capitalism. Even with their lower wages we can still out produce them as our per capita productivity levels are the envy of the world. We have a Ferrari economic engine that we are letting breath through a straw due to a parasitic and meddling government. Shrink the size of government and get them out of the private sector’s way and the economic results will be wonderful.

[QUOTE=UTR;2570607]
All it would take to reverse the tide of manufacturing leaving the USA is for the government to reduce taxes across the board and eliminate the anchor of excessive regulation placed on business. The reversal would be fast and surprising. [/QUOTE]

Funny the last 8 years of rubber stamping did nothing for reducing the taxes already. Resulted in nothing bust lost jobs going overseas and shell companies and outsourcing remember someone from the last 8 years said it was good to OutSource the American jobs…

[QUOTE=UTR;2570607]Then companies would elect to develop, and manufacture, new products here instead of abroad. It would also help to overhaul the school system to promote students to enter the science and engineering fields and requiring students to obtain, and teachers to offer, a quality education. This could be done without increasing the school budgets one penny.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like the Bush tax cuts helped spur economic growth…more like spurr outsourcing the needed american jobs went overseas. Yeah like the No Child Left behind left behind the funding…like all hollow promises that were never fullfilled…

[QUOTE=UTR;2570607]I have a lot of respect for much of what China is accomplishing economically. They are beating us at our own game, i.e. capitalism. Even with their lower wages we can still out produce them as our per capita productivity levels are the envy of the world. We have a Ferrari economic engine that we are letting breath through a straw due to a parasitic and meddling government. Shrink the size of government and get them out of the private sector’s way and the economic results will be wonderful.[/QUOTE]

Another bad analogy again…China is Government control at the highest levels and lowest level so your comparison to shrink government is ironic at best for this analogy. They beat us at our own game cause this society wanted cheap products rather then pay for quality goods. So WE all contributed to this problem. This didn’t just happen overnight on Obama watch. So the blame should be looking at each of us in the Mirror everyday we wake up. China Government Grows and Grows and you talk about shrinking our government … that’s so ironic you talk about shrink government and China Government grows and grows and their economic growth is monsterous…and ours is just pathetic…

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2570636]Funny the last 8 years of rubber stamping did nothing for reducing the taxes already. Resulted in nothing bust lost jobs going overseas and shell companies and outsourcing remember someone from the last 8 years said it was good to OutSource the American jobs… [/QUOTE]

When did the corporate tax rate get cut a decent amount those eight years? If you own a business or run one and see that keeping manufacturing in the USA will send you into bankruptcy the choice to move it overseas is a matter of survival. You are complaining about the problem but proposing no solutions.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2570636]Yeah, like the Bush tax cuts helped spur economic growth…more like spurr outsourcing the needed american jobs went overseas. Yeah like the No Child Left behind left behind the funding…like all hollow promises that were never fullfilled…[/QUOTE]

I don’t know where you were during Bush’s terms but you didn’t pay attention. The Bush tax cuts kept unemployment in the low 4% range for nearly all his time in office. They also got the economy through the shock of 9-11 and the recession we were in when he took office. Remember the dot-com bubble that burst at the end of Clinton’s last term. Bush sure wasn’t perfect but he had a good economic record. Had the Democrats not stopped the reform of Freddie and Fannie he proposed in his FIRST term the mortgage meltdown would have likely been prevented. Don’t believe me? Watch the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2570636]Another bad analogy again…China is Government control at the highest levels and lowest level so your comparison to shrink government is ironic at best for this analogy. They beat us at our own game cause this society wanted cheap products rather then pay for quality goods.[/QUOTE]

They beat us at our own game because our government lets them by excessive taxation and regulation. Once again you complain about the problem and never give a solution.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2570636]So WE all contributed to this problem. This didn’t just happen overnight on Obama watch. So the blame should be looking at each of us in the Mirror everyday we wake up.[/QUOTE]

We buy Chinese goods for two reasons. One is they are less expensive because their government isn’t near the burden on business as the US Government. The second is we can’t manufacture all the goods we consume. How much do you want to pay for a pair of underwear? A pair of tube socks? If we made all our own consumables the inflation rate would be sky high. Once again, you complain about the problem but give no solutions.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2570636]China Government Grows and Grows and you talk about shrinking our government … that’s so ironic you talk about shrink government and China Government grows and grows and their economic growth is monsterous…and ours is just pathetic…[/QUOTE]

China’s government isn’t growing and growing. It is their economy! Do you understand the basic economic fundamentals at work? Our government grows larger and taxes us more and more while our economy barely grows if at all. China’s economy is growing by leaps and bounds and at a far faster pace than their government. It is our pathetic government that is the cause of our anemic economic performance. Get the government off our backs and the USA’s private sector will economically kick the Chinese’s ass up one side and down the other.

Once again we got a person that like to bash Obama but fails to even see what problem the last 8 years caused the rest of us to face. Face it your Bush 8 caused the problem and never wanted to fix it and now you blame a 1.5 year president in causing a problem he was left to fix…That is a fact…me find a solution maybe ask yourself how come you didn’t bring a solution for why the last 8 years caused the problem?? If you can answer that then you already solved the problem. Corporate tax has so many loop holes you can drive a car through it. Just try not paying your income tax due and see what the Government for the people of the people will do to you? And compare that to what happens when Corporate shells and their lawyers get them through loop holes. Debating with people whom can’t see that the rich owns the government and don’t want to fact the fact they Government is own by the corporation yet they constantly by the line and sinker those coporation feed them… How about you list to me what good the Bush did for the working class over the last 8 years??? I asked that of so many supporting the last 8 years they have yet to respond back. But many still blame Obama for the problem what a joke. Yet they still want their cake and want to eat it but always want others to take the sacrifice but never they themselves want to make the sacrifice to fix the problem. It is always I want you to sacrifice but not sacrificing my pet projects or pork or earmarks but you can cut others’ pet projects, pork or earmarks.

[QUOTE=UTR;2570659]
China’s government isn’t growing and growing. It is their economy! Do you understand the basic economic fundamentals at work? Our government grows larger and taxes us more and more while our economy barely grows if at all. China’s economy is growing by leaps and bounds and at a far faster pace than their government. It is our pathetic government that is the cause of our anemic economic performance. Get the government off our backs and the USA’s private sector will economically kick the Chinese’s ass up one side and down the other.[/QUOTE]

Really China government isn’t growing and where did you get those facts? Obviously your not part of their government ruling elites to make those claims. Whom controls all aspects of their life and whom to you have to have in your corporation if you want a piece of their pie China ruling elites whom own shares and are part of the party that controls the people and if that isn’t government growing then this one is a lost cause…

[QUOTE=UTR;2570659]When did the corporate tax rate get cut a decent amount those eight years? If you own a business or run one and see that keeping manufacturing in the USA will send you into bankruptcy the choice to move it overseas is a matter of survival. You are complaining about the problem but proposing no solutions.[/QUOTE]

LMAO thanks for the good laugh…thanks for feeding their lines again…try better…

[QUOTE=UTR;2570659]I don’t know where you were during Bush’s terms but you didn’t pay attention. The Bush tax cuts kept unemployment in the low 4% range for nearly all his time in office. They also got the economy through the shock of 9-11 and the recession we were in when he took office. Remember the dot-com bubble that burst at the end of Clinton’s last term. Bush sure wasn’t perfect but he had a good economic record. Had the Democrats not stopped the reform of Freddie and Fannie he proposed in his FIRST term the mortgage meltdown would have likely been prevented. Don’t believe me? Watch the video.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah and bush didn’t say go out and spend money…maybe someone here didn’t listen to what he said that day. HAHA…good record he couldn’t even run a company his Dad gave him to run…that is a fact. What reform tell me what was the reform??? And youtube more like feed the line more and people watching enough will believe it. Go out yourself and do some real hard research for the info rather then get spoon feed.

[QUOTE=UTR;2570659]They beat us at our own game because our government lets them by excessive taxation and regulation. Once again you complain about the problem and never give a solution.
[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah I complain but those that caused the problem never want to admit they cause the problem. If they want a solution maybe those that caused the economic problem first come clean. Then we can give a solution until then.

[QUOTE=UTR;2570659]We buy Chinese goods for two reasons. One is they are less expensive because their government isn’t near the burden on business as the US Government. The second is we can’t manufacture all the goods we consume. How much do you want to pay for a pair of underwear? A pair of tube socks? If we made all our own consumables the inflation rate would be sky high. Once again, you complain about the problem but give no solutions.[/QUOTE]

HAHA thanks again for the good laugh… :Z Get a clue the majority wanted cheap and didn’t care how they got it and landed all of us into this mess that include the public and politicans and coporations. You made my point unless you willing to pay for quality good you can kiss American jobs goodbye. You made the point without even realizing it. Which I didn’t have to. My complain is those that live in a rosy world but yet when asked to face reality complain there isn’t a solution when there are so many solutions they still complain there isn’t solutions out there they don’t want to open their eyes. I shouldn’t have to give a solution if you can’t find a solution yourself then you are already spoon feed so much by them asking you to look for solutions yourself is a lost cause already. That’s what happens when people are asked to face the reality the created they talk about how others don’t have solution when in fact they were the cause of the problems in the first place. I love it when people like to debate but don’t want to face whom created the problem in the first place makes me feel alive and know that there are others out there that are starting to really ask themselves what can “I” do for my part…

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2570668]Once again we got a person that like to bash Obama but fails to even see what problem the last 8 years caused the rest of us to face. Face it your Bush 8 caused the problem and never wanted to fix it and now you blame a 1.5 year president in causing a problem he was left to fix…[/QUOTE]

I trimmed down your response because you were just running in circles. What EXACTLY did Bush do his eight years in office that made everything so bad two years into Obama’s first term? Don’t give me a bunch of babble but cold hard facts. The “Blame Bush Defense” doesn’t work anymore for letting Obama skate on his mistakes and lies he made during his campaign and the past two years in office.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2570671]LMAO thanks for the good laugh…thanks for feeding their lines again…try better…[/QUOTE]

This is the best response you can muster? Weak, very weak.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2570671]Yeah and bush didn’t say go out and spend money…maybe someone here didn’t listen to what he said that day. HAHA…good record he couldn’t even run a company his Dad gave him to run…that is a fact. What reform tell me what was the reform??? And youtube more like feed the line more and people watching enough will believe it. Go out yourself and do some real hard research for the info rather then get spoon feed. [/QUOTE]

More left wing psycho-babble. Is this all you have?

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2570671]Oh yeah I complain but those that caused the problem never want to admit they cause the problem. If they want a solution maybe those that caused the economic problem first come clean. Then we can give a solution until then.[/QUOTE]

You don’t have even the slightest idea of a solution, do you? What a weak response. No wonder you far lefties have screwed things up so badly in 4 years controlling Congress and two years controlling the White House. If they are like you then they are all clueless as to solving our problems. Give me a solution. I don’t think you are capable enough to do it.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2570671]HAHA thanks again for the good laugh… :Z Get a clue the majority wanted cheap and didn’t care how they got it and landed all of us into this mess that include the public and politicans and coporations. You made my point unless you willing to pay for quality good you can kiss American jobs goodbye. You made the point without even realizing it. Which I didn’t have to. My complain is those that live in a rosy world but yet when asked to face reality complain there isn’t a solution when there are so many solutions they still complain there isn’t solutions out there they don’t want to open their eyes. I shouldn’t have to give a solution if you can’t find a solution yourself then you are already spoon feed so much by them asking you to look for solutions yourself is a lost cause already. That’s what happens when people are asked to face the reality the created they talk about how others don’t have solution when in fact they were the cause of the problems in the first place. I love it when people like to debate but don’t want to face whom created the problem in the first place makes me feel alive and know that there are others out there that are starting to really ask themselves what can “I” do for my part…[/QUOTE]

This might be the longest response that says absolutely nothing that I have read on this forum. I expected more from you than this. You have no idea what should be done to fix the massive problems this country faces. You are either the master of deflection or can’t think beyond your left wing pre-programmed talking points. You have political Tourette’s Syndrome. You just bark out “It’s all Bush’s fault” without even thinking. You have been programmed by the left to not reason for yourself. What a sad condition you are in but then you probably don’t even know it.

[QUOTE=UTR;2570678]This is the best response you can muster? Weak, very weak.

More left wing psycho-babble. Is this all you have?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah that is right when you can’t respond you go personal attacks that figures right wing thinking that can’t find solutions but make personal attacks…that is the weakest response I heard so far.

[QUOTE=UTR;2570678]You don’t have even the slightest idea of a solution, do you? What a weak response. No wonder you far lefties have screwed things up so badly in 4 years controlling Congress and two years controlling the White House. If they are like you then they are all clueless as to solving our problems. Give me a solution. I don’t think you are capable enough to do it.[/QUOTE]

Really how do you fix a problem that those whom created it in the first place whom can’t come out and admit it they F((^ up. only then will a solution even come out…get a reality check would you.

[QUOTE=UTR;2570678]This might be the longest response that says absolutely nothing that I have read on this forum. I expected more from you than this. You have no idea what should be done to fix the massive problems this country faces. You are either the master of deflection or can’t think beyond your left wing pre-programmed talking points. You have political Tourette’s Syndrome. You just bark out “It’s all Bush’s fault” without even thinking. You have been programmed by the left to not reason for yourself. What a sad condition you are in but then you probably don’t even know it.[/QUOTE]

Really again more right wing spooned feed people…Before we can even address the problem maybe those that created the problem need to confess and fess up to the problem they created. How hard is that tell me??? Yeah is sad those like you never like to face up to the problem they created but love to yell and cry fowl when other ask them to face up to the problem they created. I love to point that out to those people like you and see how they like to go personal attack but don’t like facing the reality they cause the problem and don’t want to fix it.

Get back to me when you have an original thought. Otherwise you are wasting my time.

It is a good thing you aren’t a fireman. You would let the house burn down with people in it because you would need to know how the fire started before spraying any water on it.

[QUOTE=UTR;2570815]Get back to me when you have an original thought. Otherwise you are wasting my time.

It is a good thing you aren’t a fireman. You would let the house burn down with people in it because you would need to know how the fire started before spraying any water on it.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear your listening to your own words…get back when you admit the whom of which party that caused the problem starts to listen to it’s own word about transparency and smaller government. This is what happens when they can’t face their own words…or more less have to eat their own words. Solutions never can be accomplished when those whom benefited and caused the problem don’t confess they were the cause until that is done no solutions will be coming. The Smack back hurts don’t it…well it should…

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2570893]Good to hear your listening to your own words…get back when you admit the whom of which party that caused the problem starts to listen to it’s own word about transparency and smaller government. This is what happens when they can’t face their own words…or more less have to eat their own words. Solutions never can be accomplished when those whom benefited and caused the problem don’t confess they were the cause until that is done no solutions will be coming. The Smack back hurts don’t it…well it should…[/QUOTE]

Typical liberal thought process. You try to to deflect any blame from yourselves instead of taking responsibility and fixing the problem. Look at the mess Democrats have created the past 2-4 years. Makes Bush look like a rocket scientist for his two terms.

Why is it that the same assholes (plural) always ruin any thread that even hints towards the political by injecting some ridiculous points of view that have very little to nothing to do with the thread…It is no wonder why people stop coming to this site…

[QUOTE=UTR;2570902]Typical liberal thought process. You try to to deflect any blame from yourselves instead of taking responsibility and fixing the problem. Look at the mess Democrats have created the past 2-4 years. Makes Bush look like a rocket scientist for his two terms.[/QUOTE]

Typical when they can’t make a coherent statement to support real facts they blame others for problem [U]They[/U] created. So whom was the president then and the party running the Congress the last 8 years??? China or Russia…yeah right…Take a good look at yourself in the mirror and ask whom was torpedoing the US government the last 8 years and has yet to take responsibility for the mess they created…If you don’t know what group that was then you should move to Russia or China and not worry about government and let them tell you want your Rights or no Rights are…Demos are picking the mess the last 8 years kick the can down the road…They just hate it when they can’t face Facts that they are the mess…this is what makes US great those wanting to live a Rosy view gets a rude awaking when they are challenged and can’t produce results…

What EXACTLY did Bush do to create the mess we are in today? Be specific and provide proof. Then tell me EXACTLY what Obama has done to correct what you perceive Bush did wrong.