Premium(PX-W5232TA/NE) Firmware Ver1.01

vbimport

Premium(PX-W5232TA/NE) Firmware Ver1.01 has been released. :smiley:

http://www.plextor.co.jp/home.html
http://www.plextor.co.jp/support/firmware/PREMIUM_101.exe

Wish I could read japanese.

Love to know what the actual changes are before I’d flash it up.

Limahl

firmware not available on the plextor europe site
so i wait till i flash the drive, if i flash it with the japanese firmware it might turn into a NTSC writer instead of an PAL writer :bigsmile:

The changed part of the farm version 1.01 for PLEXTOR Premium.

1. Improvement in write-in accuracy.
  2. Correction which noise may generate in Windows Media Player.
  3. Correction of the fault which a format may not complete by “AHEAD InCD 4.”
  4. If CD-R is formatted by DirectCD of Windows XP environment Correction of the fault which may become a music CD icon.

Sorry my poor translation.:o

Again, excellent news 501XX, thanks! :slight_smile:

Plextor Europe has now also released it, thanks to 2Off3 for his tip!

[i]Fixed Bugs:

[ul][li]Compatibility with Ahead InCD 4
[/li]> [li]Compatibility with Direct CD-formatted discs under Windows XP
[/li]> [li]Compatibility with Digital Audio Playback of Windows Media Player[/ul]Improvements:
[/li]>

[ul][li]Read performance for eccentric discs
[/li]> [li]Write performance for several NS & US CD-RW[/ul][/i][/li]Direct download link here.

Does it write Mitsubishi @32x now?

Originally posted by alexnoe
Does it write Mitsubishi @32x now?

Verbatim 700MB USRW

Start 21.42x
End 24.00x
Average 23.88x

Can I use the firmware upgrade from the European site on my drive here in the U.S. ? I checked the US site but there was no version update listed yet.

Yep, flash away.

Works fine for me. :wink:

Limahl

Thanks Limahl!

I know what its like to be unsure and nervous as heck to risk doing something to a prized piece of hardware. Been there many a time.

Enjoy that Premium drive, I know I am!! :bigsmile:

Limahl

btw

is the premium backwards flashable?

Good question!!!

Unless they have the 1.00 BIOS somewhere to grab, we can’t go back now, though if they put out a 1.02 we could theoretically go back to 1.01 now that we have that installer.

Hmmmm

Limahl

Is firmware 1.01 beter than 1.00
should we upgrade?

wat about all the copy protections?
can we do that all with firmware 1.01 without emulate.

or did Plextor drop out some things in firmware 1.01 that 1.00 still got?

Can someone post some test.

I got this drive too and downloaded the firmware, and am hesitant about upgrading it also, even though I have been having issues ever since getting this drive, but at the moment not sure if its cause of the drive, the software that comes with it, or the firmware, so I guess until we know if 1.01 kills anything, or not, I’ll live with the headache and try to find a solution in other means.

Does someone know how to backup firmware 1.00.

if we can do that, then we can give firmware 1.01 a shot.

if it is not oke we can flash back to 1.00

or did have someone tested firmware 1.01 already
Does someone have some results?

Thanks,

Mike

I didnt bother seeing how to back up the 1.00 firmware, and flashed mine up to 1.01 anyway.

So far so good. Speeds are still up there and I’ve had no issues (other than needing the newest version of Alcohol to properly recognize the drive, but this wasnt a firmware issue).

I don’t do a ton of protected cd backups, I mostly do music ripping and huge amounts of general data backups with mine, and so far, so good.

I wouldn’t mind having a copy of the 1.00 firmware though, just in case I do hit a problem later on. Just need to figure out where to get it from.

EDIT - I dropped Plextor support an email to see if they have a V1.00 firmware updater they could send me or let me know where to get it. In the past, they’ve always gotten back to me rapidly, so if I hear something I’ll post it here ASAP!!!

Limahl

Originally posted by Limahl
[B]
EDIT - I dropped Plextor support an email to see if they have a V1.00 firmware updater they could send me or let me know where to get it. In the past, they’ve always gotten back to me rapidly, so if I hear something I’ll post it here ASAP!!!

Limahl [/B]

yes let us know
i maybe intrested in a V1.00 back-up

Yeah, thats good news.

I want also have a 1.00 firmware backup.

untill i got it i’ll wait with the firmware flash.

good luck,

Mike