Premium+bwa=1:1 securom?

vbimport

I have a plextor premium. Here http://www.alientech.it/bwa.gif
you can see linear density of sector from original ut2003 (red) and linear density of sectors from backup cd of ut2003. They are very very similar. How is this done?? Is this a 1:1 copy of ut2003??

Thanks
Andrea

The plextor premium makes as near as you can to a 1:1 copy of securom protection…

Originally posted by dallshead
The plextor premium makes as near as you can to a 1:1 copy of securom protection…

then it isn’t a 1:1 copy, but it’s very near to be, exact?
Andrea

whith the right settings you get a working copy with out the need of tricks…if i am correct

-correct me if i’m wrong but using laymans terms it would seem that blindwrite forces the plextor premium to use its GIGAREC function to obtain the correct sector densities required by the secureROM protection

linear density (original disc)

shows areas on cd that have increased linear density

linear density (backup WITHOUT gigarec)

density is constant throughout cd = backup not working

linear density (backup WITH gigarec)

gigarec function forces increased linear density - backup working like original.

Of course I am assuming that is how gigarec fits 1gb onto 700mb cd…by increasing linear density more data is able to fit onto cd.:bigsmile:

Originally posted by pottz
-correct me if i’m wrong but using laymans terms it would seem that blindwrite forces the plextor premium to use its GIGAREC function to obtain the correct sector densities required by the secureROM protection

also I think this, but i’m waiting for more expert users’s opinions :slight_smile:
Andrea

i don’t know how it works, i only know it works :bigsmile:

have you made your 1:1 copy with this plextor drive with blindwrite without the use of making a seperate bwa file then merging it with blindwrite on the write?
you havent made that clear or are we still using that method here?

Originally posted by logicwatch
have you made your 1:1 copy with this plextor drive with blindwrite without the use of making a seperate bwa file then merging it with blindwrite on the write?

No.
Andrea

i have tried with and without using a BWA file to make a backup of Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne.
using a BWA file the backup works perfect.
without using a BWA file the backup will not work.

You still need to make a bwa file, that’s how Blindwrite will know where on the cd it has to change the density. You have to make the copy as usual, Blindwrite will detect your Premium drive and automatically burn the cd in ‘the speciel Premium way’. It can only be burned in 4x speed even though you choose a faster speed and currently it only works on CD-R. You need Blindwrite 4.5.3 or newer and firmware 1.03 for the Premium drive.

Muppy

Could you tell me what gigarec settings you used

eg… 1.2X 1.3X or 1.4X???

The settings are in Blindwrite, not plextools, so don’t worry about gigarec settings.

You don´t need the Gigarec function to burn the backup.
Just start BlindWrite - Read you game in Nibble mode to create
a image. Start the BWA-Profiler, put in you game-cd and create a
good BWA-File. ALL FILES CREATED - IMAGE AND BWA MUST HAVE THE SAME NAME - I MEAN ONLY THE NAME NOT THE EXTENTION !!! IF NOT RENAME THE FILES TO THE SAME NAME AND AGAIN LEAVE THE EXTENTION UNTOUCHED !!!
Now Start Blindwrite and select the image to burn and in the
image testscreen test you image and look for the info :
Physical… found (can´t remember the name ) now
continue to the burn screen, put in you CDR ( CD-RW does not work ) and start the burning process.
You will be asked if you want to include the physical…(BWA-File) just say/click YES now the burning process starts and if you
watch it you will see the speed of the brunprocess is not faster
than 4X - you can select any speed you want, but the burnprocess will not go faster than 4X - now the Image with the Physical…(BWA-File ) will be written.

hallo51

PS: I don´t konw if the gigarec function is used to modify the
density from the sectors, but this was my first idea too

good luck

thanx hallo51 copy worked perfectly… : -)

but I can confirm that plexwriter premium (f V1.03) did not make a successful backup of SD2.9 (Flightsim 2004). for this I had to use lite-on 52327s…

pottz

for SD 2.9:
have you tried copying the game with EWS feature enabled?

Venturer
No I didn’t try because I like to try and get a backup without any emulation or tampering to the image. My lite-on seems to handle SD2.9 fine so I’ll use it… but best of all PLEXTOR for SecureROM : -)

Here is the log file from burning securom with blindwrite. The first part is with a CD-RW and you can see it uses twinpeak.

The next part is with a CDR. It uses something they call Rate variation (1:1 copy). It is at 4x all thought it was set to max speed.

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Patin-couffin version 14 in use
Blindwrite Version 4.5.7.92
----- CD DEVICE INFO START OF REPORT -----
CAUTION : Using unknown CD writer.
Unit String : "PLEXTOR CD-R PREMIUM "
----- CD DEVICE INFO END OF REPORT -----
WARNING : Exclusive Access to CD writer refused by the system.
Unit 1:1:0 - PLEXTOR CD-R PREMIUM 1.04 [D] (Ide)
Speed Max
VolumeId : “TRON”
Hash : A2044F0713DAB826B5B9EA2C477569420FFAE300
CDRW used was not empty. It has been erased.
Speed Max
HD image “TRON.BWT”
Physical media informations (BWA) found.
BWA support by TwinPeak technique is used
Writing mode : DAO PW
No subcodes in file. they’ll be generated
Sectors read : 62931
Sectors built: 0
CD is incomplete
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Patin-couffin version 14 in use
Blindwrite Version 4.5.7.92
----- CD DEVICE INFO START OF REPORT -----
CAUTION : Using unknown CD writer.
Unit String : "PLEXTOR CD-R PREMIUM "
----- CD DEVICE INFO END OF REPORT -----
Speed Max
HD image “TRON.BWT”
Physical media informations (BWA) found.
BWA support by Rate variation is used (1:1 copy)
Writing mode : DAO PW
No subcodes in file. they’ll be generated
Physical 1:1 copy is possible on this drive. Burnproof is disabled, writing speed is set to *4
Sectors read : 333328
Sectors built: 0
CD is complete

It is at 4x all thought it was set to max speed.

when using a cdr and the plextor premium and trying to copy securom 4.8 or above the max speed will be 4X to write your back-up.

If you use Alcohol 120 to make a mds file using secure rom 4.x setting and use blindwrites bwa builder to convert it into a bwa file with the same name as the rest of the files in the same directory it seems to be about as perfect a copy as you can get…hell i dont even need to turn on hide cdr setting in plextools to get it to work:D

also for those of you having problems with safedisk id say alcohol 120 is a better backup program for that protection…i got fs2004 to backup no problem with that program.