Premium burner - optimal settings for ripping?

I bought a Premium burner solely for use as a ripping device. My tests to date indicates this is an acceptable use of money :slight_smile: I have used Exact Audio Copy’s Audio Quality program for some of the tests as well as other methods.

Now, before I call up Plextor to bug them - perhaps some of the experts here can assist me with finding optimal rip settings.

The goal is to use Windows Media 9 player for ripping to Lossless Windows Media format. I have enabled jitter correction in the player. To what extent can I activate optimal settings on the drive without having to use the PlexTools Pro software for ripping?

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Petter
PS: I am of course on latest firmware and software versions from Plextor.

Why don’t you want to use Plextools Professional ?
You can try/test your settings for best results.

I am using Plextools Pro. Sorry for that omission.

I have done significant testing but not arrived at conclusive results through either failure in testing methodology or lack of tools.

I also must admit that I find the otherwise EXCELLENT Plextor hardware to be lacking in documentation.

Petter

Hi PetterS,

can you better explain “conclusive results” about what? About Plextools quality as a ripping program? :confused:

Cheers,

ET

Originally posted by PetterS
I have done significant testing but not arrived at conclusive results through either failure in testing methodology or lack of tools.

I understand that my posting has not been precise enough and apologize for this.

My ultimate goal is to do quality rips and this is where my test results have been inconclusive.

I understand that using PlexTools Pro for the ripping process will likely yield the very best results.

For various reasons I am using Windows Media Player 9 for ripping.

What I am wondering is whether settings in PlexTools Pro can be taken advantage of by other programs such as Windows Media Player 9 ripper and how to achieve this.

Thanks

Petter

Hi PetterS, no need for apologies of course! I am italian and my english is poor :sad: so sometimes I ask for clarification. :slight_smile:

From what you say I see that I am not able to help you… I think that Plextools is great (also) for ripping, and I don’t use WMP9. But maybe some of the gurus here will be able to help you.

Cheers,

ET

Originally posted by PetterS
I understand that using PlexTools Pro for the ripping process will likely yield the very best results.