Preferred BDR media for movie playback?

vbimport

Going to do my first bluray burns ever using my Pioneer S09XLT burner.

It will be a movie that will be played in a standalone bluray player, authored with BD-Rebuilder.

I know I need to avoid LTH, but otherwise what is the preferred/most reliable media brand in that case? Local options seem to be Verbatim, Sony and TDK (which seems too cheap to be good).

Its getting harder to find Verbatim that uses the Verbatim MID codes. Most of what we are seeing these days are using CMC MID codes, but they are proving to be pretty good discs overall.

Sony? Haven’t kept up with them, but TDK is likely to be Ritek, which I would advise that you avoid.

Of those three choices, I’d get Verbatim every time.

Panasonic and FTI/Falcon are two other types to look for online, but its hard to get Panasonic discs in the US without going through the vendors working in Amazon Marketplace or ebay.

yeah I doubt it’s the Verbatim MID codes, we usually don’t get the good stuff around here…

other available brands I didn’t mention are Imation, Maxell and Mediarange, but I kinda doubt they’re worth anything…

guess I’ll go with Verbatim over Sony then :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Lebowsky;2772881]yeah I doubt it’s the Verbatim MID codes, we usually don’t get the good stuff around here…

other available brands I didn’t mention are Imation, Maxell and Mediarange, but I kinda doubt they’re worth anything…

guess I’ll go with Verbatim over Sony then :)[/QUOTE]
Be careful with the Sony BD-Rs! Unfortunately it is quite possible you’ll end with Ritek crap media. :frowning:

Try the FTI/Falcon Pro

thanks guys. Unfortunately ordering Panasonic or FTI/Falcon would be an international order only, and I need them in the next days. I went with a box of Verbatim 43804, hopefully it’ll be fine :slight_smile:

Stick to Verbatim 43804, 43811, 43812 or Mediarange BD-R25 6x in the new white/blue package design, and You will get goood quality discs with the mediacode CMCMAG BA5.
If You are able to do quality scans, You will probably see, the results are slighly better with 4x than 6x in Your Pioneer writer.

[B][U]Avoid[/U][/B] SONY BD-R25 6x, they are nowadays crappy RITEK BR3!

thanks katraine!

I am a newbe as well. Bought me a pack of Mediarange DL-50GB inkjet printable discs. Also in the new blue-white (spindle) packaging. MID is; VERBAT-IMf-000. Two coasters using UDF filesystem so far. Problems occur around layerbreak. Seems there’s no problem when using ISO+Joliet+UDF hybrid option in IMGBURN. And speed set to 4x. Hope this helps.