Prediction: $149 Blu-ray player for Christmas

Yeah, i’m sure the companies who have been putting drm on everything will all of a sudden not put it on downloads at all, so you can just pirate the heck out of em right? Get a clue.

@blue

"Don’t worry about the plasma break-in. I tried with my Samsung and it had no effect at all. "

??? No effect?

“6) Plasmas are very susceptible to “burn-in” when in their infancy as the phosphors have not had a chance to age. A few hundred hours of watching varied material to age the phosphors is not unrealistic and will probably due a lot to curtail possible damage.”

The break in ages the phosphors so you don’t have to worry about it. I don’t know what hell the you are talking about. I don’t think you know what you are talking about.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=608677

Regarding plasma “burn-in”: my son owns a 42-inch plasma on which he watched a lot of 4x3 video with sidebars. The sidebars “burned in” and now you can see the edge of where the sidebars are/were located when viewing a full 16x9 image.

Heh. I’d love a 42" or bigger HDTV. But it’s money I can’t afford to spend right now. I have my 1920x1200 24" PC LCD though so I can still watch HD stuff. I just don’t pay for it though. x264 reencodes FTW! :wink:

@shaolin, read my post again, dont worry about breaking in with the dvd that you can download and plays single color on your plasma, just watch your movies, dvd, cables, blu-ray in 16:9 or full screen.

You don’t have hdtv or plasma like us do so reading those things can scare you, we understand, don’t worry… :wink:

@blue

That has nothing to do with it. It ages the phosphors. I read your post. Now how about reading mine.

@shaolin: After I bought my plasma hdtv, I downloaded an “break-in DVD” that I found from AVS, burn it and play it back almost 200 hours, it still gives me some ghosting whenever my boys play games but as soon as I watch movies the ghosting is gone. Given that, I suggested a friend not to use the break in dvd but instead as I said above, just watch your favorite movies in full 16:9. His Pansonic plasma is as good as mine today. So I come to conclusion that using the break-in DVD is not necessary. Besides todays Plasma has it own (Built-in) Screen Burn Protection with Pixel Shift or Signal Pattern.

@blue

" it still gives me some ghosting whenever my boys play games but as soon as I watch movies the ghosting is gone."

Have you ever thought that since you “did” the break-in, that the ghosting is easily remedy?

" Besides todays Plasma has it own (Built-in) Screen Burn Protection with Pixel Shift or Signal Pattern."

I know. It is called an Orbital.