PRECISION 40x 75-Pack made by Prodisc Are Bad Media?

Hi,

I bought a PRECISION 40x (700MB) 75-Pack from:

Precision 2002
Ontario, CA. 91761

Precision Part No. 5770-0075

Made in Taiwan

I get the following results using “CDR Media Code Identifier v1.63”:

-ATIP: 97m 32s 19f

-Disc Manufacturer: Prodisc Technology Inc…

-Recording Layer: Dye (Short Strategy; e.g. Phthalocyanine)

-Media: CD-Recordable

-Nominal Capacity: 702.83 MB (79m 59s 72f / LBA: 359847

-Recording Speed: Min.Unknoun - Max. Unknown

Anyone knows if the above CDRs are Bad Quality and how
they work with 40x12x48x and 48x24x48x Liteons drives??

Thanks in advance

Regards

Bosco

Precision always made very well value for money products…but think older in tech due beat better prices…

I’ve had pretty bad experiences with prodisc CD-R discs in the past…

The only good news is that the writers that seems to be most compatible with prodisc is Lite-On writers…

Try to burn a few at speeds from 32X to 48X and scan them with K-Probe to see the results from yourself.

I will Try to burn a few at speeds from 32X to 48X and scan them with K-Probe to see the results…

Is K-Probe the best program to scan CDRs for errors?

Thankss

My experience with Prodisc has been that no 2 batches perform the same.

Even different spindles within the same batch perform differently for me…

Hi.

I know this is an old thread however I thought I’d post to it anyhow. I bought these Preceision CDRs as well. I bought 2 packs of 75 and I found one sure-fire thing. Each pack had about 25 CDR that had a little black spot right at the edge of the CDR. Every single one of these CDR was not able to be formatted.

So, I have about 50 CDRs that I wish to return to the company that makes them and take them up on their limited warranty. However, I have searched the web and I cannot find them when searching for them using both the patt # or the half address they put on their package. Funny it just says Precision, Ontario, CA 91761.

Does anyone have their phone#, email, or address? I would love to contact this company to see if they will send me replacement CDRs. I am not thinking that they will, but i just would like to give it a shot.

Any help would be appreciated.

Luckily, we have had those here made by Ritek :

Drive Type = CD-RW
Disc Type = CDR (A-)
Lead In = 97:15:17
Lead Out = 79:59:74
Nominal = 702.83MB (79m 59s 74f/LBA:359849)
Manufacturer = RiTEK Corporation
Cur. Speed = Wrt(32X),Rd(52X)

Disc Type, Material = CD-R, Phthalocyanine
ATIP Lead-in = 97m 15s 17f
Norminal Capacity = 702.83MB (79m 59s 74f)
Disc Manufacturer maybe = RiTEK,TG
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 32X

THose are not the same CDRs. Nowhere on the package does it say RiTek.

By the way, these CDs did not come on a spindle. Just shrink wrapped in a box.

Originally posted by cxm322

THose are not the same CDRs. Nowhere on the package does it say RiTek.

Well, it goes without saying. And none of the packages say anything of the manufacturer.

Originally posted by BoSkin
Well, it goes without saying. And none of the packages say anything of the manufacturer.

So what is your point. Unless I missed something, this thread was about Precision CD-rs in the 75-pack. You posted about RiTek CD-Rs. How is that related to the thread?

Originally posted by cxm322

So what is your point. You posted about RiTek CD-Rs. How is that related to the thread?
My simple point is that the Precision CDRs I have here are made by Ritek, not Prodisc.
That’s it. :wink:

LTR48125S VS0B 700MB Data

Drive Type = CD-RW
Disc Type = CDR (A-)
Material = Phthalocyanine
Lead Out = 79:59:74
Nominal Capacity = 702.83MB (79m 59s 74f/LBA:359849)
Manufacturer Maybe = RiTEK,TG
Smart-Burn Speed Limit = Wrt(32X),Rd(52X)

Sold as Precision 24x
SW - Nero 5.5

My simple point is that the Precision CDRs I have here are made by Ritek, not Prodisc.
That’s it. :wink:

I see. Funny that the box says there is a warranty on defective discs but no “real” contact info.

Tell me, do you know if RiTek is located in Ontario, California?

The box says

© 2002 PROCISION
Ontario, CA 91761

Just as another post states above.

I don;t know why someone on this thread said they were made by ProDisc.

I have been looking for RiTek’s contact info but I cannot seem to find it. I would really like to contact them about it.

I have contacted the coprorate offices of the store where I bought mine and I have not heard from them yet. I just asked them for contact info on the maufacturer or the distributor and told them why.

They may never get back to me as they might think I am just a broker trying to get a hold of one of their suppliers. This is very possible that they may think this as they are a closeouts retailer. People in the closeouts arena are very secretive of their sources and rightfully so.

The fact is, I paid 14.99 for 75 CDRs. After I through away all the defectives it worked out that I was better off buying a Curcuit city deal of name brand CDRs for 50 for 14.99-21.99.

The only reason why I bought the riTek is because they did not have any colored printing on them. I don;t like the colored prinitng. I sell ebooks on CDR and I put labels on them. One of the CDs I make has a predominantly white label so any colored printing on a CDR shows through. I don’t like that very much.

ritek is based in taiwan. if u don’t want colored printing on the top of ur cds, u can try getting Fujifilm or TDK (there are probably other name brands, but i pretty much only buy Fujifilm and happen to have a spindle of TDK as well). they still have printing on top, but it’s somewhat “embossed” in silver (kinda hard to explain without a picture). altho i haven’t tried putting a white label on top of them, i’m fairly certain that the printing won’t show up.

Originally posted by AZImmortal

u can try getting Fujifilm or TDK
Just keep in mind that >

TDK 48x 50 pk = CMC :

Disc Type = CDR (A+)
Lead In = 97:26:66
Lead Out = 79:59:71
Nominal = 702.82MB (79m 59s 71f/LBA:359846)
Manufacturer = CMC Magnetics Corporation
Cur. Speed = Wrt(52X),Rd(12X)

TDK 48x 100pk = Ritek :

Disc Type = CDR (A-)
Lead Out = 79:59:70
Nominal = 702.82MB (79m 59s 70f/LBA:359845)
Manufacturer = RiTEK Corporation
Cur. Speed = Wrt(52X),Rd(12X)