Pre-analyzing for 6.0.1.0

Is it just me,or does it look like the files are pre-analyzed to 4.7 gig or under everytime you use Fab lately,starting with 6.0.1.0? just curious. must be a new feature.

it is not new. It always had been that way, it analyze before continue the process.

well maybe this is a paid feature then,because the free version just decrypted,unless the DVD was 7.7 or 7.8 GB,then it would pre-anaylze and convert it to 4.7 gb. otherwise as i said it just simply started decrypting. i know this because anything over 5.0 GB would auto delete and these decrypted files lately are under 4.7when they are decrypted and go right to the recycle bin. Anyway…

[QUOTE=bamahusker;2283321]well maybe this is a paid feature then,because the free version just decrypted,unless the DVD was 7.7 or 7.8 GB,then it would pre-anaylze and convert it to 4.7 gb. otherwise as i said it just simply started decrypting. i know this because anything over 5.0 GB would auto delete and these decrypted files lately are under 4.7when they are decrypted and go right to the recycle bin. Anyway…[/QUOTE]

They dont go to recycle bin. if a dvd is over 4.7, dvdfab compress it to fit a 4.7 disc

[QUOTE=bamahusker;2283297]Is it just me,or does it look like the files are pre-analyzed to 4.7 gig or under everytime you use Fab lately,starting with 6.0.1.0? just curious. must be a new feature.[/QUOTE]

The analysis has been with Fab for a while now (even more so with pathplayer enabled). If you’re not used to seeing it, you must have a really old version that hasn’t been updated in a L O N G while.

If you were using the free version (DVDFab HD Decrypter), then whatever size the source disk was, the free version never shrunk the file to single layer size. You would have to use another program to do that, just as it never had a burning engine associated with it…that also was an extra you had to look after.

Only ripped files which were saved to the Fab ‘Temp’ directory were deleted by Fab…otherwise, they stay on your system until you get rid of them.

I’m looking at your comments from your most recent post, and I’m sorry, I just don’t understand what you are saying…can you clear it up?

OC

:slight_smile:

what i’m saying is before “Fab detects files. you select start” with 6.0.1.0 “Fab Detects files,you select start,short analyze,begins decrypting.” when it recognized the file,if it said 6,497,for instance,it read “6,497>6,497” before pressing Start. now it almost always reads “6,497>4,423” and that’s when it condences it. it never did that until this version,and i update quite often.

[QUOTE=bamahusker;2283587]what i’m saying is before “Fab detects files. you select start” with 6.0.1.0 “Fab Detects files,you select start,short analyze,begins decrypting.” when it recognized the file,if it said 6,497,for instance,it read “6,497>6,497” before pressing Start. now it almost always reads “6,497>4,423” and that’s when it condences it. it never did that until this version,and i update quite often.[/QUOTE]

OK… fair enough…I follow that OK…I assume at this point you are talking about the full version of DVDFab, and not the free HD Decrypter version…correct??

OC

well the free and full versions are on the same download,but i usually use the free one because i can’t afford the full one. I use DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter (not Fab of course) to shrink the file to 4.7 gig then burn.

[QUOTE=bamahusker;2283672]well the free and full versions are on the same download,but i usually use the free one because i can’t afford the full one. I use DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter (not Fab of course) to shrink the file to 4.7 gig then burn.[/QUOTE]

OK…All clear now…By the by, did we answer your question about the analysis?

OC

not really. unless you are saying it only does that with the paid version.

[QUOTE=bamahusker;2283698]not really. unless you are saying it only does that with the paid version.[/QUOTE]

Basically, yes, as I believe that pathplayer is only available to the full version (been a LONG time since I’ve used HD Decrypter, and I could be wrong) but pathplayer is the main trigger for the pre-analysis.

There is a minor post analysis (when you start the rip), but I assume it’s the pre-analysis you’re asking about.

OC

unfortuneately,if that was what i was doing,i obviuosly locked out the free version by doing that and now i can’t use the program unless i pay. from what i understand there is an update in the works but when it’ll be available i do not know. i hope by tuesday though,as i planning on getting a movie then,and i’ve been using dvd decrypter temporarily and if that movie won’t work on decrypter,then i guess i’m in for it. :frowning: