Prassi PrimoDVD runtime error "9"

When I install Prassi primoDVD and I try to run it, I get a strange message:

Run-time error “9”
Subcript out of range

Does anybody know what this message mean and if there is a way to solve the problem?:confused:

the only one with that problem?:eek:

Runtime 9 is an error that occurs during the execution of a program
Runtime errors indicate bugs in the program or problems that the designers had anticipated but could do nothing about. For example, running out of memory will often cause a runtime error.

I don’t think there’s much you can do about it. Try a redownload or downloading another version of the same program. :slight_smile:

PS: Nice to see another Greek geek in the forums … we’re getting more and more day by day - maybe one day we’ll reach the # of Aussies (that will be the day !!)

Originally posted by vasilis2000
the only one with that problem?:eek:

Perhaps.

and maybe … just maybe … cdfreaks isn’t your average 24 hour hotline and it might take more than 24 hours to come up with an answer…

patience is a good thing

noticed that this error occurs only when I try to install the PXupdate engine. I have a Pioneer-104 and without the engine I just can’t use it:a

Originally posted by vasilis2000
noticed that this error occurs only when I try to install the PXupdate engine. I have a Pioneer-104 and without the engine I just can’t use it:a
Maybe this link can help. Try the contacting the technical support at the bottom of the page.

thanks a lot m8!:o

just for the records. When I unplug my Teac 540E from the IDE cable, then everything works like a charm, even the prassi error dissapears:confused:

I used to use PrimoDVD on regular bases when nero refused to burn dvd’s on my pc.

After upgrading my pc (mother board) and after reinstalling winXP, everytime while trying to install primoDVD (any version of upgrade) it was announcing on “run time error 9”, and in most cases the ATAPI vanished from my pc. which got me to reinstall winXP again since couldent return back the ATAPI devices.

the strange thing is that now the nero is working fine.

Today i downloaded GI file format, so i decided to reinatall the primodvd to burn it. again got the “run time error 9” and again the ATAPI devices disapear.

got them back by Restoring the system using “system restore”.

Now i got GI file which nero don’t work with, and a program (primodvd) wich dangoures to my PC.

any solution?

OMT: i forgot to mantion that i also have TEAC 540E burner on my PC.
wheelman

Try puttin your CD Writer on a cheap PCI/IDE card, works jus dandy for me.

Cheap cards seem to handle ATAPI devices better

your burner is too fast for the program.
The program checks the burner write speed and if too fast you get the subscript out of range error.I have the same problem with sony cdextreme,the program was never updated to use fast burners.