Praetorians: Protection incl. Solution :)

vbimport

Praetorians (german version):

Copy-Protection: Securom New 4.8XXXXX

HowtoCopy:

• use BWS to copy it (ver. 4.25 best)…
  • read max. incl. sub-channels
  • use this *.BWA file
  • burn disc
  • have fun :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

It may also load faster if you do it without sub-channel.

Securom NEW 4.8X doesnt use sub-channel data and if sub-channel data isnt extraced, Blindwrite writes its own data, so at the moment its perfectly safe to do so :slight_smile:

Time taken to bypass guard module on my system:
Unreal Tournament 2003 with subs 2-8 seconds.
Unreal 2 without subs, about 0.5-1.5 seconds.

:bigsmile:

out of my experiences & tests …

the discs are more compatible, when there are subs included …

i tested Anno 1503 German … and without subs it tooks much more time to initialize …

i`m sure about securom new 4.8xxxx …

it doesn`t require subs … but in practicing it was more effective :confused:

but in the end … its necessary, that u are able to produce a working backup … that`s all i want … to take care of my orig. game-discs

Originally posted by [M@steRW!z@rD]
but in the end … its necessary, that u are able to produce a working backup … that`s all i want … to take care of my orig. game-discs

I quite agree! :slight_smile: If it works, then its good :bigsmile:

Hi everyone, i tried to make a copy of Praetorians Spanish with Blindwrite Suite 4.3 (also with 4.2.5) and it didn´t work. I made the image with subchannels and my Yamaha CRW-F1 and the .BWA with my Toshiba SD1612 DVDRom (also tried with Yamaha) and the image doesn´t work with daemon tools. I made one of Unreal 2 and it worked, though i downloaded the .bwa file.,
I think this game may have a new version of securom, clony reports : 4.84.60.0170.

Please, could you tell me what could be wrong?
Thank you.:confused:

I’ve had trouble with this game as well. I’ve burnt a cdrw with autoplay support and a cdr without (with v4.2.5). Both cds have successfully passed the cd check at least once but now both fail!!! What is going on? I suspect the timing is key but can’t be sure.

I used a Uranus (liteon based) 24x52x24x burner.

Help!

@jonmistri - You may have hit the nail on the head when you said that Unreal 2 worked but you downloaded the BWA, try making another one or alternativle use Alcohol 120% to make a MDS (Image making wizard, Securom NEW v4.X profile, whatever speed you choose, cancel after the MDS is made, dont delete the files and use BWA builder to convert to BWA if it looks better) and try that.

@ProfessorX - Are you sure its v4.2.5? Because that version of Blindwrite doesnt have Autoplay.

I used v4.3 to do the one with autoplay.

I’m Securom is geting better because I got bot cds to work again! I retried all discs including the original and noticed the following with respect to consistency/timing -
The backup without autplay passed sometimes with nothing running in the background and never when I tried to to slow down the disc access.
The backup with autoplay passed most times with nothing running in the background and sometimes when I tried to to slow down the disc access.
The original passed the check every time.

I’m thinkng that were now entering the realm of the quality of burnt image - burner used and media used. As I have very limited resources I can’t give more info :frowning:

I’ll forgot to try the virtual drive version which is supposed to be supposed by DT with RMPS switched on…although I havn’t heard anything to support this!!