Powerspec hard drive enclosure driver

vbimport

I need a Powerspec hard drive inclosure IDE to USB cable driver for Win 2008 Server. Please advise. Thank you.

mycesteve

Even its a driver its ©ommercial so you are not allowed to ask for that here according to the rules.

you can’t find the driver on their homepage?
http://www.powerspec.com/support/index.phtml

Don’t see why question is against rules, the OP isn’t advertising for a company, just asking for support on a driver. There are a multitude of threads asking for advice on corporate/commercial devices.

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=mycesteve;2663639]I need a Powerspec hard drive inclosure IDE to USB cable driver for Win 2008 Server. Please advise. [/QUOTE]Usually, drivers for IDE/USB bridges are already part of the operating system. If the device is not recognised, it might be defective or there is some misconfiguration of the OS.

Please try the device with another computer, also you should try another OS (Linux Live CD) on the original system.

Additional possibility: You are not permitted to add storage devices. Then contact the system administrator.

Michael

Not only that to get a driver to load you’d need to have a drive connected to the cable and THEN the driver would load automatically…

I’ve never needed a driver install for any USB device, they all go automatically, XP/Vista/7 (8? I Don’t give a damn.)