PowerISO

vbimport

I have a concert dvd in my dvd drive on my p/c. Can PowerISO take the audio portion of the dvd and send it to a audio mp3 cd? I have been trying and it keeps coming up as a .VOB. What’s that?

Use Xilisoft HD Video Converter, it will do what you want.

Thank you so much…

If you already ripped the DVD to VOB, then you could import the VOB in Audacity, split the tracks and convert/save to MP3…If I were doing it I’d convert/save to wav for archiving and then convert the wavs to choice of lossy…But that’s just me!:wink:
There are other methods/tools to git-er-done…Good luck!

[QUOTE=deerpark243;2496008]Thank you so much…[/QUOTE]

I ca show you in pictures if you like, just replay back to me.

replay the pictures? I think I lost you. I was trying it out on ac/dc live at donington, you mean send you clips of the video?

There’s a tradition on this forum of also recommending free applications to do the job; which is why I can recommend [I]t0nee1[/I]'s method… :wink:

[QUOTE=deerpark243;2496076]replay the pictures? I think I lost you. I was trying it out on ac/dc live at donington, you mean send you clips of the video?[/QUOTE]

I was jest saying i can show you the guide on how to rip and audio form DvD video file (.vob) and save the audio to your desktop.

If you would like me to show you how to do it i can if you want the guide.

Thanks again…

Yes please that would be greatly appreciated.

Hi tOnee1, the dvd i’m using already has vob on it…so I downloaded Audacity and I’m trying to figure out how to work that. What I have recored is so distorted I can’t hardly hear the music. And bozee 33 I would like the guide…I would appreciate it.

Thank you both

[QUOTE=deerpark243;2496194]Hi tOnee1, the dvd i’m using already has vob on it…so I downloaded Audacity and I’m trying to figure out how to work that. What I have recored is so distorted I can’t hardly hear the music. And bozee 33 I would like the guide…I would appreciate it.

Thank you both[/QUOTE]

To download the program go to this site

Here how to do it View My Video

That was cool…thanks again

bozee 33, I did as your video said and it worked the only problem was the mp3 was “crackly” it didn’t sound right. I must have done something wrong.

I’m reccomending Format Factory.
Select Audio/All to .wav.
I tested this on a .vob from a movie & it worked.Since you are working with a music .vob you will have to determine if it sounds good enough.
It will only do 2 channel sound.

[QUOTE=deerpark243;2496251]bozee 33, I did as your video said and it worked the only problem was the mp3 was “crackly” it didn’t sound right. I must have done something wrong.[/QUOTE]

Download this software from here

This one will work 100% View My Video

To toss another tool on the fire, AVI DeMux should be able to do it too. Rip to Hard disk -> drag a VOB to AVI DeMux -> Allow it to ‘Index’ -> Select audio MP3 -> Cofigure (choose BitRate) -> Filters (44100 Hz, gain if needed, Mixer to Stereo {prologic if desired}) -> Audio Menu -> Save.

@ OP, told you there’s more methods/tools(freeware) to git-er-done…More than one way to skin a cat, if you will!..:wink:
Besides the already mentioned, there’s also Super…

I’ll try that olyteddy, I’m starting to figure out Xilisoft HD converter…it sounds great but it only converts about 5 seconds in a 18.00mb song…

@deerpark243; If you are still looking for a program to do this I recommend BeSweet v1.5b31 & BeLight v.0.21 .
It takes some additional files to set up BeSweet but all should be available in the links I am posting.
BeSweet v1.5b31
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_software/audio_tools/besweet.cfm
BeLight 0.21 http://kurtnoise.free.fr/BeLight/
BeLight-0.21.zip
WA_aac-2.4.zip
bsn_20070513.zip

• For AVI and VOB as input files you need VOBinput.dll.
    VOBinput.dll http://besweet.notrace.dk/VOBInput.zip
    There are other files needed to do all the conversion BeSweet will do.
    You might want a newer lame_enc.dll for example.
    I used BeSweet to convert to a .wav first from a .vob.I like the way it sounded.
    I would then use dBpowerAmp to do the conversion to .mp3 if it was for me because I like the quality of dBpowerAmp’s .mp3’s.
    EAC with the correct settings creates about the same one as dBpowerAmp.
    BeSweet’s .mp3 was good quality too.There just weren’t settings to get it exactly the way I like.Or I just didn’t know the correct command line.