PowerDvd playback of Blueray on Hard disk

vbimport

I burned a blueray dvd to my hard drive by Dvd cloner 5 and I do not understand what file to use with the PowerDvD.

When I go to the file location on the hard drive with PowerDvd for hard disk. I cannot find the file that works with the PowerDVD.

Any help is appreciated.

Bodie

PowerDVD no longer plays Blu-ray from hard drive folders. You can make an ISO from the original disc or from your hard drive folder and mount it with something like Daemon Tools or Virtual CloneDrive. Then PowerDVD can play it from the virtual disc.

How do you make an ISO file. ??

bodie

-Load ImgBurn
-Select create image from files/folder
-Add Blu-ray folder
-In options, make SURE UDF 2.5 is selected. VERY IMPORTANT!
-Create ISO

Is ImgBurn a software program.? Where do I download it.

Thanks

I’m thinking ImgBurn’s Website would be a good place to start.

i download imgburn but the files are too big…

Is there anywhere that has step by step for newbie.

bodie

What do you mean the files are too big? What files?

[QUOTE=SamuriHL;2082597]What do you mean the files are too big? What files?[/QUOTE]

I select the file folder of the blue ray movie and when I try and build the following error :

Cannot add file to image!

Name:“C:\movies\I robot\Irobot+us\BDMV\STREAM\00001.M2TS”

ISO9660 lIMIT: 4,294,967,295 bytes

Reason: File size exceeds the limit imposed by the ISO9660 file system.

bodie

Iso9660…:disagree:

Please…do yourself a favor and REREAD what I wrote before. Especially the part that says “VERY IMPORTANT!!!”

SamuriHL is an advocate for blu-ray ISO. :smiley:

@bodie, as an alternative Google and download PowerDVD 7.3.3119a and your done. It will read Blu-ray movie from harddrive all with menu. However if you want to watch the main main movie only (without menu) you can select individual .m2ts files inside \BDMV\STREAM folder. The largest file is usually the main movie. There are some movies that are seamless branching though so you need to be able to read the menu.

Newer PowerDVD version 7 and 8 will not read Blu-ray movie from harddrive anymore, however it will read the single files. PowerDVD 8 supports PiP, BD-Live and DTS-HD MA, but if you don’t need those, just get v7.3.3319a. You can install v7 and v8 together btw.

zaina, the problem with that approach is two-fold. That version of PowerDVD may not work on newer titles. And opening the m2ts file directly leaves you at the mercy of whatever audio is non-HD. Meaning if they only have an english HD audio track (dts hd ma, truehd, lpcm, whatever) and the dolby digital are in spanish, french, etc, then you’re screwed doing it that way. I am very much an advocate of ISOs because it allows for greater flexibility in what software you can use.

If you want an absolutely EASY way to create ISOs using ImgBurn, here’s a script I wrote:

@echo off
set SRC=C:\Movies
set DEST=C:\ISOs
set PathToImgBurn=C:\Program Files\ImgBurn

start /d"%PathToImgBurn%\" ImgBurn.exe /MODE BUILD /BUILDMODE IMAGEFILE /SRC "%SRC%\%1" /DEST "%DEST%\%1.ISO" /FILESYSTEM "UDF" /UDFREVISION "2.50" /VOLUMELABEL "%1" /CLOSE /NOIMAGEDETAILS /ROOTFOLDER "YES" /START

Save that to a file called makeISO.bat and put it in your path somewhere. Change the src and dest directories to match your system. To use it:

makeISO MOVIE_NAME

So if you had:

c:\movies\SIMPSONS
c:\movies\DIE_HARD

etc

You’d call makeISO SIMPSONS to make a SIMPSONS.iso that can be mounted. Simple as that.

I have PowerDVD 7.3 ultra and it does not work??

There is a new update to 8.0

bodie

[QUOTE=zaina;2082673]SamuriHL is an advocate for blu-ray ISO. :smiley:

@bodie, as an alternative Google and download PowerDVD 7.3.3119a and your done. It will read Blu-ray movie from harddrive all with menu. However if you want to watch the main main movie only (without menu) you can select individual .m2ts files inside \BDMV\STREAM folder. The largest file is usually the main movie. There are some movies that are seamless branching though so you need to be able to read the menu.

Newer PowerDVD version 7 and 8 will not read Blu-ray movie from harddrive anymore, however it will read the single files. PowerDVD 8 supports PiP, BD-Live and DTS-HD MA, but if you don’t need those, just get v7.3.3319a. You can install v7 and v8 together btw.[/QUOTE]

[quote=bodieiv;2083047]I have PowerDVD 7.3 ultra and it does not work??
[/quote]Do you have 7.3.3319a? Newer version will not play blu-ray from harddrive unless you make an ISO.

[QUOTE=SamuriHL;2082675]… And opening the m2ts file directly leaves you at the mercy of whatever audio is non-HD. Meaning if they only have an english HD audio track (dts hd ma, truehd, lpcm, whatever) and the dolby digital are in spanish, french, etc, then you’re screwed doing it that way.[/QUOTE]

Why is this so? Why does PowerDVD play the non-HD audio track when opening an m2ts container?

If I had to guess I’d say it’s because they’re required to downsample the HD audio tracks in a non PAP environment. And it’s probably just laziness on their part that rather than support decoding and downsampling to LPCM that they just don’t bother supporting HD audio playback at all. Nonetheless, solutions are coming up that will allow you to not just play an m2ts with HD audio, but, bitstream it without PAP on ATI 5xxx and Xonar cards. MPC-HC with the latest ffdshow-tryout from albain is able to do that. If you don’t have a bitstream capable card, MPC-HC with the latest ffdshow-tryout can also decode TrueHD to bitperfect (meaning non-downsampled) LPCM, as well. Since no free decoder for DTS-HD MA exists, it can only decode the core DTS audio from those tracks. But I can tell you the bitstreaming is awesome on discs, mounted ISO’s, and files…both m2ts and mkv. :wink: