PowerDVD not playing HD-DVD files from harddisk

vbimport

Hi!
I have an LG-combo drive (LG Electronics GGC-H20L) that can read BD and HD-DVD. I took my Hulk-HD-DVD and used AnyDVD to rip the movie to my harddisk. I got three folders and about 28GB of content.
I then wanted to use Power DVD (The one that was bundled with the LG) to play “Hulk” from the harddisk, but PowerDVD is not recognizing a movie when I try to “open files on harddisk”.

What could be the problem? Power DVD is already updated.

Or are there other options to playback an HD-movie? I have many friends with many HD-DVDs or BDs and simply want to write a movie to my harddisk to have a few days time to watch it before I delete the movie.

[quote=Lonesloane;2137163]Hi!
I have an LG-combo drive (LG Electronics GGC-H20L) that can read BD and HD-DVD. I took my Hulk-HD-DVD and used AnyDVD to rip the movie to my harddisk. I got three folders and about 28GB of content.
I then wanted to use Power DVD (The one that was bundled with the LG) to play “Hulk” from the harddisk, but PowerDVD is not recognizing a movie when I try to “open files on harddisk”.

What could be the problem? Power DVD is already updated.

Or are there other options to playback an HD-movie? I have many friends with many HD-DVDs or BDs and simply want to write a movie to my harddisk to have a few days time to watch it before I delete the movie.[/quote]
I don’t have bluray or hd dvd’s but did you try loading the files in a virtual drive before you tried playing the movie in powerdvd. Anydvd ( slysoft) has a free virtual drive that you can use for trying that

Thanks! I’ll try that later today. However, I assumed that I need to produce an iso or Image file to use a virtual drive.

The files from anyDVD come in three different folders and I’ve no idea which one carries the necessary info.

I’m using the latest AnyDVD, but I cannot find an option to activate a virtual drive? However, VirtualCloneDrive is free and offers a virtual drive as well. With this virtual drive, I can mount an image of a HD-DVD or BD that I produced with ImageBurn. The disadvantage of this method is that the image has the same size as the entire HD-DVD or BD, which is 28-45GB.
I would really prefer to only rip the main movie stream and therefore get a much smaller file.