PowerDvd 9 problem

vbimport

I bought a LG WH12LS30 with the PowerDvd 9 software suite and for a week or so I could play commercial BD’s (with AnyDvd HD running) and mounted BD ISO’s but now something has changed. Now when I try to play a BD disc it shows the % loading, goes to the black screen like it’s going to play, then reverts to the red classic screen. If I click play I get “Cyberlink PowerDvd does not support the playback of this media format.”

I’ve tried 3 commercial blu-ray disc and it doesn’t make a difference whether AnyDvd HD is running or not I still get does not support the playback of this media format and these disc did play a few days ago.

I tried mounting a BD ISO which also used to play and I get the same error… I can play regular Dvds fine.

My PDVD version is 9.0.3624.52 and as far as I can tell this is the only way to update a OEM version http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/suppor...ent.do?id=4535 which I did when first installing. Now when I click on the arrow they want me to upgrade to PowerDVD 11. I also updated my video card but no difference.

I have no idea what happened but I basically can’t do anything on my computer pertaining to blu-ray since I can’t play any BD disc commercial or burned ones. Any ideas?

Currently I have the suite uninstalled and will probably try to install again but can’t see how that will help.

Kerry would the TotalMedia Theater 5 you mentioned work on my computer it doesn’t seem to meet the requirements http://www.arcsoft.com/estore/software_title.asp?ProductCode=TMT5P&dyContent=details#submenu

My computer:
Windows 7 (32 bit)
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.13GHz
GeForce 8500 GT

Today is the last day for 30% off TMT 5.

Well reinstalling fixed it at least temporarily since I have no idea what caused it to quit working I hope it doesn’t become a habit where it decides to act up.

Sorry mccoady, I haven’t been online very much this week.

PowerDVD is known to be a bit flaky. I just gave up on it eventually.

Your video card is marginal, at best, for TMT5. I have a hard time believing that the Intel G45 integrated video is significantly better though, and it meets the minimum recommendations shown at the Arcsoft site. Everything else should be fine.

Kerry no problem Dean been helping me a lot I would be lost without him since this is my first venture with a blu-ray writer and the software it requires.

I posted on ArcSoft forum asking about my computer hardware not meeting minimum requirements http://www.arcsoft.com/forum/forum_p...5-requirements

Would ArcSoft_Jason’s comments scare you off if you were me about purchasing TMT5 do you think it would be risky as he suggested?

I would upgrade my video card if needed their 30% off expires after today.

Mike

I finally found the comments you were talking about. Jason’s comments seemed quite reasonable from a support standpoint from Arcsoft. They can only test so much equipment, especially older equipment, and cannot guarantee compatibility beyond what they test.

Since you’ve tested it on your own setup, and it works, it should be ok for now. As you update your computer, both cpu and graphics, it should get you more in line with what they officially support. There is no guarantee that one of their updates to the software may break compatibility with your current equipment though, and they will not troubleshoot for you.

The 30% off may have expired at this time. Your link seems to show that now. At that price, it may be worth buying, even with some uncertainty in your current setup.

Just checked 30% is still good I went ahead and purchased it hope I don’t regret it.

I suppose I can forget about doing any TMT5 updates until a point in time I’ve upgraded my equipment.

Is the license good for only one computer at a time? Also would there be any problems with moving the software/license if you upgraded to a newer computer?

Spent my money for now but can you recommend a video card that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg?

You will need to upgrade on occasion, just to keep up with changes in the protection built into blu ray. I doubt you’ll have issues, but I can’t guarantee that.

The license does say it can only be used on one computer at a time. Looking at their license agreement, it says the program can only be “in use” in one device at a time. You should be able to transfer it to any particular computer you want however. I have done so on my equipment with no issues.

Can’t say I’m an expert on current video cards. Too easy to fall behind in that particular category of equipment. Why don’t you post a question in our Hardware forum and see if Eric can give you some advice? Tell him what your current setup is like, and that you want it for high def video playback.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2596910]
Can’t say I’m an expert on current video cards. Too easy to fall behind in that particular category of equipment. Why don’t you post a question in our Hardware forum and see if Eric can give you some advice? Tell him what your current setup is like, and that you want it for high def video playback.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Kerry I’ll try posting there!