Power8 1.0.1.0 released

vbimport

Hi everyone!
Today we released Hotfix 1 for version 1.0. And here go great news with this version:

1. the hotfix contains a number of stability improvements (see changelog), in particular, Power8 won’t die anymore in unpredictable moments, for example when you working with network files;
  2. this version is tested on both builds 8400 & 9020. Power8 works with W8 RTM!

At the moment we’re in progress of collecting your requests and ideas for further versions. Please take a look at the Feature requests page and if your wish is not yet noted/discussed - feel free to comment here/there or write us an email.

Thanks for the update :cool:

I have also posted the update and change log in the ‘Power8 Updates’ thread located in the ‘General Software’ foru. :wink:

[B]SJ[/B]

This one deserves it’s own thread. :wink:

And thanks for the update AgentMC. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Thanks

Not at all :slight_smile:

Hi, just installed and makes using windows 8 much more pleasant!
but noticed two small things
1 - it didn’t seem to autostart but will check as may not have given it much time
2 - when trying to pin items to the “search” pane I get an Index out of raneg. must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection error - stack trace says from \Views\BtnSck.xaml ln 327

1. it depends on your PC’s performance. Usually it takes 2-5 seconds for Power8 to start up, but on reboot - it may take some time since it has to load all .Net for the 1st time as well.
  2. can the problem be reproduced? if yes, please post the complete stack here. Then probably I’ll PM you a special P8 build.

BTW, [B]smorf[/B], maybe the error happens when you try to UNpin an element? If yes I think I know the reason. If no - this is something quite weird.

thanks i missed the start bar:)

am away from pc for a few days, so will try again and post full stack trace, but eror was when press the pin icon for 1st time

g full stack trace, but eror was when press the pin icon for 1st time

thanks for this contribution

can i see the link…thnx

[QUOTE=lankiie;2649934]thanks i missed the start bar:)[/QUOTE]

I guess there is no use of start menu as you can simply search your application and run and keep some Pinned and some on desktop so virtually no need of start menu, the Metro in windows 8 with live tiles seems better…!! if you have activated windows 8 :)):bigsmile::bigsmile:

[B]Ahsan90[/B],
…and how are you going to make some application to auto-start?
The folder “Startup” exists in Windows for the time being, and in W8 it does as well. But you won’t get to it fast enough using Metro.
//Just an example.

[QUOTE=AgentMC;2653551][B]Ahsan90[/B],
…and how are you going to make some application to auto-start?
The folder “Startup” exists in Windows for the time being, and in W8 it does as well. But you won’t get to it fast enough using Metro.
//Just an example.[/QUOTE]

try putting the exe file here:

c:\users<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Okay, that was sarcastic comment.
It means that without start menu you have to do some more actions to achieve same simple results than before.

BTW, %startup% :wink:

[QUOTE=AgentMC;2653624]Okay, that was sarcastic comment.
It means that without start menu you have to do some more actions to achieve same simple results than before.

BTW, %startup% ;)[/QUOTE]

this also works
shell:startup