Power supply?

I have one unpleasant problem for a past few weeks … occasionaly when I open and close CDRWs tray (LTR 40125W) or just insert CD medium and close the tray, my system go off. Well, comp. is running (vents and stuff) just my monitor screen go black and I can turn off the comp. with off switch… Is maybe my power supply someway bad? Power suplly is 300W and on my Abit KX333 mobo i run AMD XP1700+ with two HDDs and two optical drives (CDRW and Teac CDROM). English is not my native language, sorry for some mistakes :wink:

Sounds like an inadequate PSU to me, replacing it is easy and cheap enough to do. Many OEM supplies allow only about 10 or fewer amps on the 12v rail, which is what the drives run off. With 4 drives running, plus fans and CPU, you can easily exceed that.

I completely agree with rdgrimes on this one.

I would like to add and suggest based on my personal experience Antec and Thermaltake Power Supplies. Personally I think Antec is #1. Their true power line is amazing.

Enermax is pretty good to :iagree:

Antec (TrueBlue has very nice cable sleeving), Enermax, Zalman, TSP, Chieftec and SOME QTec PSU’s are very good.

Yes I also think you need a new PSU… it appears just to be on the edge of enough or not enough power… and that’s not good enough!

Just like I thought it is. New PSU is on the way. ANTEC :smiley: Thanks for your help, u guys are great!

I was an Antec Truepower fan, untill my True-550 literally blew up in my face. Thermaltake now, so far so good.

There is the Be-Quiet! PSU. They’re the most silent PSUs on the market. I think you can only find them here in Europe.

LVSITANO I am in Europe, in matter of fact with 1st May member of EU :stuck_out_tongue:

So, I’m sure you can get a Be-quiet! PSU. They’re so quiet and they also are built with the best components.
Check here for more info: http://www.be-quiet.de/english_flash/index.htm

Awsome! On their web page I found dealer for my country! Be QUIET! ATX power pack Colorline PFC, 400W cost 100 euros… hmm a litlle bit expensive or not?

Originally posted by ninko
Awsome! On their web page I found dealer for my country! Be QUIET! ATX power pack Colorline PFC, 400W cost 100 euros… hmm a litlle bit expensive or not?

To compare: In Germany it cost 65 EUR.

well it’s time to visit some friends in munchen then :wink:

Those PSUs are not cheap, but they’re very well constructed and you won’t regret it. They are very good indeed.

Just incase it isn’t the power supply. I would test out an extra one I have to make sure it is indeed the power supply before ordering online and having to pay for shipping both ways if it’s something else.

As everyone doesn’t have an extra power supply handy, I would buy one from a local merchant with a nice return policy and test that way first.

But that’s just me. :smiley:

Sseth that’s clever… but I don’t have any ideas what could be wrong instead of PSU. I’ll see… THANKS