Power Director v5

vbimport

I am a newbie both to this forum and to video editing. I have been looking for assistance with Power Director v5. After reviewing all the written material in the user guide, some websites, etc I decided to consult someone who knows what they’re doing and hopefully learn.

The phone# that came with the user guide has 12+ digits so I cannot contact them directly, the website has no usable information for my problem…

Everytime I try to begin a project, whether it is importing images or video files I get the follwing errors:

Runtime error:
Program: C:\ProgramFiles\Cyberlink\PowerDirector\PDR.exe

“This application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact application support team.”

or

“PDR.exe has encountered a problem and need to close.”

Some website suggested disabling McAfee, updating DirectX to v9.0, all of which I have done but the result is unchanged…can anyone offer and additional insight?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerly,

Joseph Harper

Hi Joseph and welcome to CD Freaks :slight_smile:

What operating system are you running? PD 5 sounds a little out of date; in the sense that it might not be compatible with Vista (if that’s what you’re running). Check the specific requirements for that version of the program.

Otherwise - if you’re using XP or PD 5 is compatible with Vista - try uninstalling and reinstalling when logged on as an administrator: a couple of other sites have suggested this may be a solution.

Thank you for the response. I will either be upgrading to PD v7 or try another program because PD 5 is outdated but someone suggested I try it out until I learned the basics…in the meantime though, I will uninstall/reinstall and see what happens. Using Win XP BTW

Thanks so much.

JH