Power calibration error

vbimport

I just encountered this problem when I try to burn using Nero, I updated the firmware, changed the media (Sony CD-R), and lowered the burning speed, but the same problem still occurs.

Any other ideas? My writer is Benq 32x10x40, less than half a year old.

Welcome to this forum :slight_smile:

Please try with diferente CD-R media and try with another burning software. If that error remains, there’s a big chance your burner is defective.

Thank you. :bow: So which burning software do you recommend? :confused:

It depends. If you want pre-mastering support, try DiscJuggler.

Originally posted by Frosted
the main thing right now is to determine whether or not your burner will function with any software. as vio_man says it appears it might be a hardware problem. you can try burnatonce from www.burnatonce.com just to see since it is free. also great software and in my opinion it doesn’t take much to be better than nero. :stuck_out_tongue:

if you try bao make sure you have a good aspi layer installed. the instructions and links are on the site.

Originally posted by Frosted

Feurio! also free

Originally posted by nmpaulcp

Feurio! also free

feurio is actually shareware, but it is fully functional and will do the job. it’s my favorite audio software, too. :wink:

Originally posted by netman
feurio is actually shareware, but it is fully functional and will do the job. it’s my favorite audio software, too. :wink:

My favorite also, I have just gotten used to the dialog when I open it.
I really do need to register it, my bad :eek:

Thanks guys for the information, I tried BAO, it solved the power calibration error, another problem occured, if you guys are interested, I posted the log at burnatonce. I’ll try out feurio later. Anyway, guess it’s time to grab a new writer. :eek:

Originally posted by nmpaulcp

Feurio! also free

Feurio! is for Audio CDs only. It can’t master data CDs.