Power calibration error

Hi guys,
I dont know whether i m posting in the right form, but then too, chk out my problem.
i have samsung DVD Writer TS-H552B. When i try to write DVD on it, it gives me error as follows :

Start formatting disc before burning
Formatting disc failed
Power calibration error E: TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552B
Could not perform start of Disc-at-once
Burn process failed at 2.4x

can anyone pls help me

Please, as a rule of thumb, give as much information as possible when asking for help, like what media you use, what burning speed you select etc… :wink:

From the log it seems you’ve been trying to erase+burn a re-writable media like -RW or +RW. The error may well simply mean that the disc is not good anymore.

If you were not trying to write to RW, please explain exactly what you’re doing (burning video, data…), with what software (name and version), what exact blank disc (brand, rated speed…), what selected burning speed etc…

I m trying to burn a blank DVD RW of Moserbaer at 2.4x and i m trying to write MP3 data to it.
I m using Samsung CD/DVD writer TS10
I have Nero 7.10.1.0.
My system is Win XP SP2

as u said i m trying to erase and then write the DVD. So if i dont want to erase the DVD and start writing directly, is it possible, if yes, how.

[QUOTE=jack_2009;1919800]I m trying to burn a blank DVD RW of Moserbaer at 2.4x [/quote]Is 2.4X the maximum allowed speed with this disc? Some burners will fail in doing their job if you go for the slowest speed, contrary to the popular (and false) belief that “the slowest the better”.

But I think you should try to write to a different DVDRW disc: the odds that the disc itself is defective (or incompatible with your burner) are very high, even more so since Moser Baer’s production is wildly variable in quality, and that many RW discs have a much shorter lifespan than what manufacturers claim.

So if i dont want to erase the DVD and start writing directly, is it possible
No with DVD-RW, yes with DVD+RW in some instances. You don’t mention if it’s +RW or -RW…

Whatever, first thing to try is using another disc.