Potential Canon Powershot Problem

vbimport

Just curious here if I am being unrealistic or if there is a problem. I bought a Canon Powershot SD780IS about a year ago. A cool and compact little camera, I don’t use it for anything fancy, just point and shoot and shoot the occasional short clip for family movies. The camera for the most part is great HOWEVER, I have noticed that this camera IS SUPER SENSITIVE TO ANY KIND OF MOVEMENT and the picture will blur at the slightest possible twitch. This kind of presents a problem when I am shooting pictures of my 6 month old who can’t seem to hold still for 2 seconds or when my hand twitches at the last second when I push the button to take the picture. Unless I am perfectly still and what I am taking a picture of is perfectly still it seems to turn into a blurry mess. My old Canon 300 seemed more forgiving in this matter but was only a 3.2MP, so I don’t know if it is because of the higher resolution that this is an issue or if there is something wrong with the Camera. I have had pretty good luck with the Canon Powershots and I like them quite a bit for their simplicity and broad functions, but this issue is starting to get on my nerves.

Incidentally here is my camera and no I didn’t pay anywhere near that price for it:

You sure you have the optical image stabilization system engaged? In the manual, IS mode Continuous keeps it on at all times.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2617114]You sure you have the optical image stabilization system engaged? In the manual, IS mode Continuous keeps it on at all times.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that’s a peculiarity with that particular camera. Although it has optical image stabilisation you can set it for different modes and even turn it off.

I can understand why you’d want to be able to turn digital image stabilisation off but why you’d ever want to turn optical image stabilisation off I’m not sure. :confused:

[B]Wombler[/B]