Posting tips 'n rules for Newbies

Just run into this page, and felt it could be quite useful for people that visit this site for the first time.

Spend a few minutes reading through this page before posting in the forums, it will be for the benefit of all :wink:

Writing Guide

Hmmm… I thought it was a cd-writing guide… maybe change the topic-title?

Like this one better? I guess it was kind of misleading :wink:

Now all we need is Tax or Cloakdoa to change the topic

Was this post not sufficient?
http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=42302

Have not read the above-mentioned guide, but if covers what I have said in my post, I might as well remove mine and clean up a sticky.

noobs are going to asked redundant and stupid questions.thats why theyre noobs.:wink:

it up to them and us to help them denoob.:bigsmile:

Originally posted by 2ndsign
[B]noobs are going to asked redundant and stupid questions.thats why theyre noobs.:wink:

it up to them and us to help them denoob.:bigsmile: [/B]

did you visit the link hemispasm posted ?
i dont think you did, because some of the points apply to half of your posts.
The idea of hemi’s post and the site he linked to was to encourage people (newbie or not) to post clear, concise, and accurate posts.

Originally posted by Huzzy
did you visit the link hemispasm posted ?
i dont think you did, because some of the points apply to half of your posts.

Don’t be so hard on the guy, he can’t help it being the eternal newbie who likes to rack up his posts and boosts about it (60 posts in one day a record…? Yes, but hardly something to be proud of)

Some people are what they are and don’t know how to be something else. Instead of putting him down I think we should feel sorry for him and try to understand this condition he is suffering from. Through understanding and sympathy we might be able to create an environment in which he feels safe and can eventually grow to be a better person. I know this may seem unlikely at the moment, but what would the world be coming to if we gave up hope now.

Hope is the essence of life, when there is no hope, there will be no life. So I for one hope that we can all team up together and show him our support in his road to a better life and we must understand that, after all, he is truly blessed at the moment.

:bigsmile:

Thanks, Hemispasm, I think this site is a great resource for people who have somehow missed an education that includes how to write properly. :wink:

Frankly, it would be a good idea if everybody read it, not only newbies. :bigsmile:

Frankly, it would be a good idea if everybody read it, not only newbies.
Well, i did :wink:

Use the search

Originally posted by cmr2003x
Use the search

I agree on this one, but there is no need to flame a user for not doing so, doesn’t help to create a nice atmosphere on the forum.

I must admit this takes a lot of energy for me, since I have seen so many lazy (and/or ignorant) users that care only for their own answer with as little effort as possible. However, I have taught myself to include a hint in the right direction, even include a few links I found by using the search and then point to the search as a way they can find answers quicker…

This is more friendly. Help users help themselves may (hopefully) result in users who can help others help themselves…

Originally posted by Hemispasm
Writing Guide

That should be taught in school as a mandatory lesson. I think I may refer some of my customers (I sell PCs & Macs) to that site also :smiley:

Hey if this is a newbie forum how come almost all posts are by people who have over a 1000 posts?

Psssst. If I had to ask that question I might be a red neck lol.

I am John and I am 41. I live in the backwoods of Georgia.

P.S

I am gonna get that record if its the last thing I do.:bigsmile:

Just thank god newbies haven’t started typing sentence fragments like SMS, or in 3l337 :a talk.

hello?
just checking to see if this is how you post a question.

Actually, to post a question you’d write “Hello. Is this how I post a question?”

:bigsmile:

hi,

I am a newbie and i want to know how to post my questions.

lol i cant post a question please help :smiley:

How do I post a new thread please? i can’t see a link anywhere! thanks