Postage Argh!... Need new UK online media stores

vbimport

Right the story… I normally order my disks from good old SVP have also used in the past bigpockets and ukdvdr but SVP IMO have seemed best and you dont have to have shi**y link deliver the goods (they are shocking in my area, regular BS about we carded you honest you wasnt home blah blah liars).

HOWEVER… I went to order a pack of 100 disks today and SVP for me are no longer an option…

Postage rates for next day delivery have gone through the roof.

Last time i ordered (about 4 months ago) next day delivery was around the £6 mark on a pack of 100 from either interlink or citylink…

I look today (luckily before i happily whack in my payment details) and im shocked to see delivery now for next day is nearly £8 :eek:

I dont use mass amounts of disks 100 will last me around 6 months so ordering millions to claw back some postage expense is NOT an option for me so im off to order elsewhere.

Before i do though what shops online do you all recommend which dont have ridiculous postage charges??? (id prefer the option of not having to have city link, but the store itself is more important)

Also anyone know any other stores selling the smartbuy dvd-r, prodiscf01 dye disks??

Have had a tub of 100 of them before and for me personally they were not bad at all for cheap media.

Shame SVP have whacked postage prices up, looking at UKDVDR they dont seem to have increased their postage costs and neither has bigpockets… But like i say apart from those 2 others any recommendations would be much appreciated.

You can always wait for a 99p Shipping weekend, had one just a week or two ago. However it’s more than likely it will be delivered by the Yellow van that you don’t want… :wink:

www.aprmedia.com

They have a Royal Mail post tracked option which takes a couple of days and is about £3 to £4 last time I used it (50pk spindle, 20 DVD cases and a burner)

They don’t have the smartbuy though, sorry. Service is great and I use them as much as SVP these days

Don’t SVP still have the option at checkout for Interlink Express instead of Citylink?

I’ve never had a problem with Citylink where I am, I know the driver pretty well, and he always tries to come when he know’s I’m going to be in. If not, he knows which neighbours to leave it with.

[QUOTE=IdontexistM8;2022570]You can always wait for a 99p Shipping weekend, had one just a week or two ago. However it’s more than likely it will be delivered by the Yellow van that you don’t want… ;)[/QUOTE]
Yeah never been a fan of the 99p delivery weekends myself ive always had to wait 3-4 days on average… though i see others still claim next day… never happened for me. Still, cant really complain when its 99p delivery though, but as mentioned the happy chaps with their yellow van for me are unreliable enough with next day stuff let alone economy delivery. Courier firm that cant find your home but the customer can find their office… the irony LOL

[QUOTE=jubjubbird;2022587]www.aprmedia.com

They have a Royal Mail post tracked option which takes a couple of days and is about £3 to £4 last time I used it (50pk spindle, 20 DVD cases and a burner)

They don’t have the smartbuy though, sorry. Service is great and I use them as much as SVP these days

Don’t SVP still have the option at checkout for Interlink Express instead of Citylink?

I’ve never had a problem with Citylink where I am, I know the driver pretty well, and he always tries to come when he know’s I’m going to be in. If not, he knows which neighbours to leave it with.[/QUOTE]
Hmmm never heard of aprmedia before, ill have to check their site out in a minute, thanks for that :slight_smile:
Yeah SVP as i mentioned do have the choice of citylink or interlink, thats one of the many reasons i liked them, but no matter how brilliant they are i refuse to pay inflated amounts on delivery. For next day with interlink or citylink with SVP just on a 100 spindle the cost now is as good as £8, thats just a bit steep, especially when other media suppliers use citylink next day and deliver for £2-£3 less than that.
To be fair to citylink as a whole in some parts of the country they are very good, where i live though they are terrible, the amount of times they have claimed i wasnt home and carded me when they didnt, you would not believe… total pains in the you know where.
Again thanks for the aprmedia suggestion, a good start :slight_smile:

Apr media are elite i love that place

Hmm had a look their dvd-r media prices seem a touch on the high side for some brands… (example traxdata riteks 50 pack ive seen for £2 less than they want)…

Other recommendations are still welcome folks, and no its not a dig at aprmedia. I still appreciate being told about them they have a nice LG 24inch monitor that has caught my eye (more money lol)

Some others of the top of my head. Don’t know what they offer though.

www.shopneo.co.uk
www.digtalpromo.co.uk
www.bigmaggot.co.uk
www.dvdshoponline.co.uk
www.burn-media.co.uk
www.diskdepot.co.uk
www.lordofthedeals.com

Yes APR are expenisive for some stuff, but if you buy Verbs the price often beats SVP.

Theres always ebuyer who have a lot more media these days, but postage is expensive, or scan.co.uk who give free delivery on orders over £20 if you are a member of AV Forums (which is free to join)

£8 for next day delivery is expensive? That equates to about $15.85. I wish I could get next day shipping for even [B][I]twice[/I][/B] that price here. I just put a 100 pack of TY in the cart at Rima and UPS Next day air would cost me $55.99, or 28.24GBP.

[QUOTE=jubjubbird;2023129]Some others of the top of my head. Don’t know what they offer though.
{snipped store}

Yes APR are expenisive for some stuff, but if you buy Verbs the price often beats SVP.

Theres always ebuyer who have a lot more media these days, but postage is expensive, or scan.co.uk who give free delivery on orders over £20 if you are a member of AV Forums (which is free to join)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the list of stores jubjubbird will check them all out :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Two Degrees;2023170]£8 for next day delivery is expensive? That equates to about $15.85. I wish I could get next day shipping for even [B][I]twice[/I][/B] that price here. I just put a 100 pack of TY in the cart at Rima and UPS Next day air would cost me $55.99, or 28.24GBP.[/QUOTE]

I take it from the dollar quotations you are in the USA?

Slightly different situation there as if you live one side of the states and the company is on the other side the only realistic way get it next day to you would be air, which obviously costs more… Im in the UK though, you know a tiny island :wink: I imagine if you found a supplier less than a couple of hundred miles that postage cost would be substantially different. Also not to be rude but i did make it clear im talking about the UK. Thanks though for trying to make me feel the postage rate isnt too bad though, but it is lol

[QUOTE=Two Degrees;2023170]£8 for next day delivery is expensive? That equates to about $15.85. I wish I could get next day shipping for even [B][I]twice[/I][/B] that price here. I just put a 100 pack of TY in the cart at Rima and UPS Next day air would cost me $55.99, or 28.24GBP.[/QUOTE]

Hehe, that puts it into perspective a bit, thanks TD :wink:

And here was I thinking the US always got the cheaper prices…:eek:

I shall be making an SVP order in the next couple of days (I’m not far from them though - Bristol), so lets see what I get quoted. :wink:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2023270]

I shall be making an SVP order in the next couple of days (I’m not far from them though - Bristol), so lets see what I get quoted. ;)[/QUOTE]

99p this weekend :smiley:

[QUOTE=jubjubbird;2023289]99p this weekend :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks jubjubbird! Damn I timed that well :bigsmile:

Thanks jubjubbird for the heads up on the 99p SVP shipping deal, still not much use to me as you need to spend £30 or more :frowning:

Cant believe how much IMO online blank stores have gone down hill.

Most of them seem to use shi**y link or parcel farce for delivery and many seem to stock what IMO is rubbish CMC dye dvd-r media, B-grade ritek, overprint rubbish or stupidly expensive expensive stuff (dont seem to be any atleast half decent mid price disks anymore :frowning: especially printable stuff, again just my opinion).

I remember the days when you didnt have to spend £30 or more on a SVP so called bargain shipping weekend, and the days when they would give you the option on stuff right up to 100 pack disks and higher recorded delivery for dirt cheap cost… seems thats only allowed on small orders now :frowning:

Anyway im gonna stop now im beginning to sound like a moaning old man… But at this rate it looks like i could just walk down the road to shock/horror PC World or similar and in total cost terms buy a pack of verbs or other known brands for less than ordering 100 online… sad really :frowning:

Keep an eye out on the bargains section. PC World and Staples have Verbs on BOGOF every once in a while and works out about £14/100.

There’s always Play.com for 100 Verbs for £17.99 and free post, or £12.99 for 100 Maxell’s.

[QUOTE=jubjubbird;2023289]99p this weekend :D[/QUOTE]

Really?

I haven’t got any e-mail from SVP for ages, I thought SVP won’t do any 99p shipping offer any more - maybe because of the hotmail filter?

By the way, can you please PM me the 99p shipping coupon code?

Thanks!:iagree:

I bet this doesnt count on international shipping (to Germany), right?

[QUOTE=Womi;2024347]I bet this doesnt count on international shipping (to Germany), right?[/QUOTE]

Drage reckons it doesn’t count to Denmark, so I guess it would be the same for Germany. :slight_smile:

[quote=SlayeRBoxeR;2024332]I haven’t got any e-mail from SVP for ages, I thought SVP won’t do any 99p shipping offer any more - maybe because of the hotmail filter?

By the way, can you please PM me the 99p shipping coupon code?

Thanks!:iagree:[/quote] I didn’t get the latest SVP mail either, but I managed to guess the URL and here it is:

http://svpserver.com/archive/2008/mar_20.htm

[quote=Womi;2024347]I bet this doesnt count on international shipping (to Germany), right?[/quote] For Germany the current offer is £5.99 shipping when you buy over £50.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2024350]I didn’t get the latest SVP mail either, but I managed to guess the URL and here it is:

http://svpserver.com/archive/2008/mar_20.htm[/QUOTE]

Nice one, cheers Drage :flower: