Post your Philips SPD2400 scans here

vbimport

I’ve bought bulk Philips SPD2400BM for about 50 $ here in Türkiye whereas its price at SVG is 20 pounds!! I think that many of the forum member’s purchased it and many of these people crossflashed it to Lite-On SHW-1635S. I want to add the very first burn scans’ of this drive. I’ve tested the medias with Nero Cd-DVD Speed 4.51.1 at 8x (as pinto2 recommended here).

Verbatim DVD+R 8x MCC 003 @ 8x (burned at 8’ 33")

Verbatim DVD+R 8x MCC 003 @ 8x (burned at 8’ 37")

Verbatim DVD+R 8x MCC 003 @ 8x (burned at 8’ 38")

Philips DVD+R 8x CMC MAG E01 @ 8x (burned at 8’ 37")

Philips DVD+R 8x CMC MAG E01 @ 8x (burned at 8’ 41")

Philips DVD+R 8x CMC MAG E01 @ 8x (burned at 8’ 02")

Philips DVD+R 8x CMC MAG E01 @ 8x (8’ 29")

I wanna make tests with DVDInfoPro v4.61 but is the selected 8x speed issue valid for DVDInfoPro v4.61 also?? the default Pi Po scanning speed is at Max. I can change it after pushing the “Start” button during the “Pre-Spin Up” process, only at that time “Speed” becomes available to be adjusted as Max, 1x, 2x, 4x, 6x or 8x. although Verbatim scans have a few pif strikes, the pif total value is high. any comments for this issue?? as you know the drive doesn’t have the SolidBurn feature but it acts like it has :smiley: of course this is due to the one or all of the Seamless Link, Dynamic Calibration, ADIP writing method, Thermo Balanced Writing features I think :smiley:

hi, here are my scans :wink:
Philips DVD+R 8x CMC MAG E01 @ 6x

Philips DVD+R 8x CMC MAG E01 @ 8x

here are some more SPD2400 burns, the media is Philips DVD+R 8x CMC MAG E01 burned at 8x, all are from the same cakebox (as the others on my first post).

1. burned in 8’ 35"

2. burned in 8’ 37", but the media was defective, here is a webcam capture of the media

3. burned in 8’ 31"

4. burned in 8’ 35"

after all that I’ve decided to burn the same data with LG GSA-4163B A106 to see if the problem is with the media or the drive, here are the quality and benchmark tests. burn time was 10’ 20" by the way.

1. forgot to take the burn time :doh:

as you see the only problem is at the beginning of the burn, one or two single spikes causing high pie and pif, the remain parts are very good though. some more info about the components: the HD was defragmented, burns were made one in a hour, the mainboard is ASUS - A8N5X and nvidia IDE drivers are installed!!

masters, what are your opinions and recommendations on this subject?? by the way these are my first bad burns with this drive :frowning:

Hi,

as this drive is in fact a Liteon, this thread would better be in the Liteon section;) Maybe a moderator will move it there.

Michael
PS: nvidia IDE drivers are often reason for bad burns.

first two are Philips DVD+R 8x burns, the last one is a Verbatim DVD+R 8x burn, all at 8x.

1. burned in 10’ 56", data verification failed

2. burned in 8’ 35"

the same data burned with LG GSA-4163B at 8x in 10’ 22", the quality and benchmark tests

1. burned in 8’ 35"

there is still a problem at the beginning of the burn. there is high pie till 1 gb according to the remain part, in Verbatim’s burn. where is the problem at the drive or at the media?? if the media is the problem, till now 1/3th of the 25 cakebox is crap :confused: any advice will be much appreciated!!

[B]@ mciahel[/B]
I know that SPD2400 is actually a Lite-On SHW-1635S, but I wanted to see the raw SPD2400’s burns and decided to start the thread here, of course if it’s a wrong place the mods will move it to the right one :wink: I think I should give a try with MS IDE controllers installed.

I’ve connected the drive to a 80 conductor cable, and here’s the result.

[B]Philips DVD+R 8x CMC MAG E01 @ 8x[/B] (in 8’ 35")

without the high spikes at the start the result would be the best among the CMC MAG’s I’ve burned. interesting transfer rate test by the way!!

and here are the burns after updating the nforce4 driver (nforce4 IDE driver haven’t been updated due to RAID which is disabled on my system). also upgraded to Nero 7.2.0.3b.

[B]Memorex DVD+R 1-8x CMC MAG E01 @ 8x[/B] (in 8’ 36")

[B]Memorex DVD+R 1-8x CMC MAG E01 @ 8x[/B]

[B]Philips DVD+R 8x CMC MAG E01 @ 8x[/B] (in 8’ 33")

the pie graphs of Memorex medias are nearly the same, that’s good that there are no more high spikes at the beginning. the last two burns are of the same data, which disc should I keep (Philips has less pif spikes but has more pif total)??

[B]MDA DVD+R 4x SONY D01 @ 4x[/B] (in 15’ 16")
Transfer Rate Test

[B]MDA DVD+R 4x SONY D01 @ 4x[/B] (in 13’ 50")
Transfer Rate Test

[B]MDA DVD+R 4x SONY D01 @ 4x[/B] (in 14’ 52")
Transfer Rate Test

[B]MDA DVD+R 4x SONY D01 @ 4x[/B] (in 14’ 51")
Transfer Rate Test

[B]MDA DVD+R 4x SONY D01 @ 4x[/B] (in 14’ 52")
Transfer Rate Test

[B]Memorex DVD+R 1-8x CMC MAG E01 @ 8x[/B] (in 8’ 37")
Transfer Rate Test

[B]Philips DVD+R 8x CMC MAG E01 @ 8x[/B] (in 8’ 36")

very good results from cheap MDA branded media, unfortunately can’t say the same thing for the Philips media :Z