Post your LightScribe label images here

I’m trying to get an idea of what folks are able to get in terms of quality with their LightScribe labels, and hope that starting a thread about it would be a good idea.

Here is one of my labels, with no text on it yet.

Media: Verbatim v1.2 CD-R
Drive: Lite-On SHM-165H6S with HS0E firmware
Quality: Best
Passes: One
Burn Time: 23 minutes
App: SureThing Labeler 4 SE (free from lightscribe.com)
Captured With: Epson Perfection 1650 Flatbed Scanner
Additional Info: Contrast Enhancement Utility installed

Here is one of my labels, with the tracks being listed with 6 point Arial text with the Bold attribute on and the title text having a slight drop shadow.

Media: Verbatim v1.2 CD-R
Passes: One for background, Two for text
Burn Time: 23 minutes (background) 46 minutes total (text)

Media: Memorex 8 speed
Drive: Lite-On SHW 16H5SI 5C with LS0N firmware
Passes: two for background, one for text
Burn Time first Pass: 36 minutes (Contrast Utility)
Burn Time Second Pass : 23 min (No Contrast Utility)
Burn Time Text 19 min (No Contrast Utility)

Burn Time Total 78 min

App: Nero CoverDesigner
Captured With: Canon FB630U Flatbed Scanner

Scan Quality : Sorry I Don’t Get Him Better Scanned.

If you wil I could Scan And Upload The Same Label Without Text Burned With LabelFlash to compare.

Bruut

Nice…

:iagree: DVD’s are never as sharp as CD’s.

I had not noticed that. Is there a reason why?

It’s due to the different construction of the discs. Don’t ask me the details, but on DVD’s you see like an opaque top surface (which seems to hinder sharpness).

Hrm. I just got some Lightscribe Verbatim DVD+R’s to compliment my Verbatim CD-R’s (both Lightscribe version 1.2) and think I’ll go ahead and try to compare the same background when burned to each type of disk, just for kicks and grins. It is fun to tinker just for the sake of it. Gotta have some fun with these new toys… :slight_smile:

BeardedKirklander - You will surely see a HUGE different in contrast if you use the same burn-time.

Here is one of mine. I keep it simple cause I don’t want to wait a very long time to get my disk burned :flower:

It’s a Verbatim MCC 004 Lightscribe 1.2

http://club.cdfreaks.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=90358&stc=1

Here is a label of a DVD instead of the CD’s I have been posting. It is the same label setup I printed earlier on CD media, but it looks fuzzy and different due to differences in how CD and DVD media seem to be constructed. With CD’s, the data / label surface seems to be at the TOP of the plastic disk enclosure, so the bulk of the blank plastic is between the bottom of the disk and the data / label surface. But with DVD’s, the data / label surface is much closer to the BOTTOM of the plastic disk enclosure, so the bulk of the blank plastic is between the top of the disk and the data / label surface.

So, since the data / label surface of the CD is so close to the top of the plastic disk enclosure, it looks much clearer and darker than the DVD, because the DVD has much more plastic between the data / label surface and the top of the plastic disk enclosure.

All this to say, CD’s do indeed look clearer and better, because they don’t have a bunch of plastic getting in the way when viewing the label.

Media: Verbatim v1.2 DVD+R
Passes: One
Burn Time: 29 minutes

Same DVD media with two passes to make it darker. Looks a bit better to the naked eye, but still fuzzy on the capture.

Those PRINT-ON DVD and CD blanks - that coating is on the very top of each disk, right? I’m beginning to think that may indeed be the better option. The length of the label burn on Lightscribe is one thing, but this Fuzzy DVD thing - that’s just lame.

Media: Verbatim v1.2 DVD+R
Passes: Two
Burn Time: 58 minutes

Yes, and yes. After seeing this thread, I’ll never waste the money or time for LSing. Burn the data, verify it, print the top, then seal it. Crystal clear (as good as your source artwork) and permanent.

I think that when Verbatim comes out (if they do) with a waterproof / smudgeproof / smearproof printable coating, I may get a $99 Epson and start printing in color. I’d rather not mess with sealing sprays. Hopefully it will only be a short time away, that new printable coating.

The DVD Lightscribe thing is probably enough to keep me from doing the Lightscribe solution. No matter what I do, there will always be that bit of plastic causing things to look all blurry, and that’s just not cool.

Another one, it’s stays difficult to print pitures with a lot graye scales.

Media: Memorex 8 speed
Drive: Lite-On SHW 16H5SI 5C with LS0W firmware (The first label als done with LSOW filmware)
Passes: two for background
Burn Time first Pass: 32 minutes (Contrast Utility)
Burn Time Second Pass : 32 min (Contrast Utility)

Burn Time Total 62 min

App: Nero CoverDesigner
Captured With: Canon FB630U Flatbed Scanner

This is the last one because i’m go temp back to the original filmware du better quality of the burnnings, and with the LSON lightscribe is not working.

Bruut.

A simple layout made on the “Green” Philips LightScribe Color media.

Nice! :iagree:

Show off :bigsmile:

COLORED media? How cool is THAT?

Thanks

Yes I think so too, and even in 5 different colors (Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange and Red).

Which color do you like best?

I do wish they had come out with Silver to compliment the Gold.

I think they are all nice; however it might depend on the label design on how the label will turn out.

At the moment I think the Green and the Yellow one is nice.