Post your digital camera and discussion

Since this is a new forum, I thought it would be cool to see which camera’s folks have, and what your experiences are with your camera.
I’ll start it off.

Here is mine.
I haven’t had it long and I have still to learn how to use it properly.
It does take rather nice photos though. :slight_smile:
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ7

Canon PowerShot Pro Series S5 IS 8.0MP Digital Camera with 12x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom with carrying case +2 gb. memory card, 1 1/2x converter lens also adapter and hood great quality pics still learning how to use and a extra set of recharable batteries. :slight_smile:

Between my wife and I we use the following:

We have used this little camera for years and can’t say enough good things about it.

I like the DSLRs because they are fast in all respects, accurate and have fantastic low light performance. Plus, you can swap lenses to tailor them for your needs. That being said, probably more than half of the pictures we take are with the little Sony P200. It has been a bullet proof camera for us.

Here’s my Nikon D50. I don’t have many lenses for it, and have mostly used one zoom.

Yo-

Here is my little gem - an Olympus SP560UZ - that takes GREAT pictures and is truely a very advanced ‘point and shoot’ at the same time:

Did not get to crazy for a Camera, The one I want is still a little to pricey.

Canon PowerShot SX100 IS
Using a 4GB SD HC Card

:cool::cool:

I´ve had a Sony V3 for 4 or 5 years. I saw a recent review where it outclassed the Canon G-10…so, I´m not in a hurry to upgrade it
However, I still use film cameras for my more “serious” work.

I bought a second for my kid´s mother just a couple of months ago on ebay…they can still be picked up for €90 to €200

I have a Sony DSC-S85 4 meg older P/S and a Canon XT I got a few years ago when the deal sites posted it was at 399 or less at one of the Office supply stores. I also E bayed a 28-105 USM lens and a 100-300 USM to go with the basic 18-55 kit lens. I have almost as much in lenses now as I paid for the camera but if I do my job right it takes nice photos.
I also have a Canon AE1 Program that takes SD lenses and uses 35mm film.
I’m still learning the Canon XT to this day and mostly use the full auto or program modes but try to play with the manual settings when taking bird and humming bird shots at the feeders here. :bigsmile:

I’m feeling a bit inadequate here.

I think I’ve got serious camera envy. :bigsmile:

Seriously though, here’s mine.

It’s a Kodak z612 compact super zoom that I’ve had for a few years now.

Very good for what it does but I’m feeling the urge for an upgrade.

I’m kind of thinking of getting a digital SLR but haven’t quite persuaded my wallet to part with the cash yet. :slight_smile:

Wombler

I see our members having some really cool digi cams. Personally I just have a Canon IXUS55. I bought it a few years ago.

It’s a nice little camera but I’m thinking about to buy a new one sometime this year.

I have a Sony DSC-H9. Brilliant camera, good image stabilization, adjustable display and a great zoom. I also have a couple of Sony DSC-T10s.

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2293415]Yo-

Here is my little gem - an Olympus SP560UZ - that takes GREAT pictures and is truely a very advanced ‘point and shoot’ at the same time:[/QUOTE]

The UZ series from Olympus are very good cameras. The lens systems in them are wonderful.

Canon IXUS 70 for two years, very happy with the picture quality, easy to use, it only has a 2G SD card (and, no it’s not that color), but most of the time i use my SE C902 it’s a piece of junk but if you find the time to go through the menu settings it will take some kind of photo (a little better than my w810), the default setting will produce pure junk, but that life:bigsmile:.

I have three cameras - Nikon D60 (DSLR), Panasonic DMC-LX3 Black (compact) and the Fujifilm F30.

The following shows the D60 with Jessops AFD360 flash & 16-85mm lens set up on a tripod:

For photography around the home and when travelling by car, I bring along the DSLR. I mainly use it as a point & shoot camera. I really like it for its clear sharp photos, quickly zoom in/out by hand and the ability to rapidly take multiple shots with the add-on flash.

In case anyone is curious, I have the following lenses:

[ul]
[li]18-55mm VR F3.5-5.6 (kit lens)[/li][li]50mm F1.8 (prime)[/li][li]16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VRII (main lens I have on)[/li][li]55-200mm F4-5.6 VR (for zoom)[/li][/ul]

When travelling, I bring along the Panasonic DMC-LX3. I love taking night-time shots in built-up areas and this is one thing this compact is very good at without resorting to resting the camera on something. I also like it for its wide-angle and taking video clips, something I cannot do on the DSLR. I also find that its image stabilisation is very effective. The only small drawback is its limited zoom, but from previous experience while travelling, it’s very rare that I find the need to zoom in on a far subject while on holiday, at least for what I take photos of.

Before I got the DMC-LX3, the Fujifilm F30 was my main camera and has served me well while on holiday and at home. Sure it probably has one of the most sensitive sensors ever put in a compact (that has zoom), however, I don’t find it as effective for low-light photography as the Panasonic due to its lack of image stabilisation. The other thing I don’t like is its use of XD cards, which only go up to 2GB, are quite expensive and are much slower to read than SDHC cards.

Whoh you guys have pretty huge professional cameras!! :bow:

Canon ixus 750

mainly use a sandisk 2GB extreme III, SD card

i’m thinking about an SLR camera soon, but also thinking about building a HTPC :bigsmile: