Post your BenQ DW1655 SL scans here

vbimport

Does anyone have any scans of CDs written with a Benq DW1655 or 1650 that they could post, especially of Verbatim Datalife+ & Taiyo Yuden CDs?

Many thanks.

BenQ DW1655 BCIB , 703 MB
Verbatim DataLifePlus Crystal Super AZO CD-R 52x 700MB (MCC type 3) Made in India

No advanced scans available and Transfer Rate Tests are flawless.

BenQ DW1655 BCGB , 703 MB
Plextor branded Taiyo Yuden CD-R 48x 700MB (Taiyo Yuden type 1)

BenQ DW1655 BCDB , 703 MB

BenQ DW1655 BCGB , 703 MB

BenQ DW1655 BCDB , 703 MB

The above scans are all I have saved of Verbatim DataLifePlus and Taiyo Yuden CD-R burned on a BenQ DW1655 - except I have Plextor scans of the same discs, but I consider them misleading because of a C2/CU spike at the end of the disc for all CD-R burns in BenQ DW1655 drives scanned in my Plextor PX-712A, which I consider to be a scanning glitch.

I hope the scans are not too offtopic here in this thread. :flower:

Guess this one goes back to geeks.com.

First try crossflashing to 1650 BCIC and then do some scans…

That’s not very good advice. :disagree:

By cross-flashing the drive the warranty will be voided!

Many thanks DrageMester. I hope that posting a CD question here was not too serious a breach of etiquette, but I couldn’t find anywhere more suitable.

I bought my DW1655 last week after reading DrageMester and others recommeding it for CD scanning (fantastic, I wish I’d bought 2 at £15 each but there was only 1 left). But I am so far a bit disappointed with the write quality so far on Verbatim DataLife+ (52x Made in India) & Taiyo Yuden CDs (unbranded Datasafe), although it is fantastic on some cheap Imation branded Daxon discs. This is what I have got so far with Verbatim and TY, any thoughts?

Try scanning @ 32x instead of 48x. If you are multitasking during the scan it may help if you would cease, the read curve in the top graph would probably be relatively smooth instead of erratic.

Yeah, I was just trying to give him another option because I am enjoying my 1655 crossflashed to 1650.

BTW if you cross flash it back to 1655 and return it with the firmware it shipped in, would they know it and still void the warranty?

In other words: If you try to cheat, would you get caught! :rolleyes:

If the drive doesn’t work with official firmware for that drive, then testing it with firmware for another drive and then flashing it back to cover your tracks is not only unethical but also pointless.

Yuden T02s @ 8x. SB on/WOPC on.

That’s what you expect from T02. :bow:

jhtalisman,

How about saving me the hassle with geeks and you and I cross-ship are drives to each other for an even swap? :iagree: How about it? :iagree: Come-on, pretty please? :iagree: I’ll even throw in some worthless disks (four years old before I knew any better. Don’t know why they are even taking up drawer space) to go with my worthless drive. Pay no attention to my burns above. Those back-ups play just fine. :disagree:

Hmm…I’ll think about it. (Don’t hold your breath :disagree: ).

Are you sure those Yudens aren’t fake? Post the number on the inner hub area. :slight_smile:

MIJ Sony’s 1159
Same disks on my 1640 below. 1620 'bout the same. Opened second pack, same problems. Double checked in 1640, no problems. The earlier examples are 3 of about 15-20 tries. Few had quality scores above 0. Had a single 99 with bcgb, and a single 98 with bcib, but the next ones would be 0’s. Even on the 99 and 98 the pie’s run above 200. Not a deal breaker there but they only run 8-12 on my other burners.

I’ll put $6 or $7 bucks in my box to you to defray your shipping costs if that will help your decision. :flower:

BenQ DW1655 BCIB
SB Off, Wopc On
Write Speed 8x
Book Type setting DVD-ROM

What a problem? Only ImgBurn, DvdDecryter and Nero burning software installed on system.

First write

Second write (settings same as first)