Post your BenQ DW1650 SL scans here

vbimport

Thanx, I’ll try!!!

It wasn’t sucessful:sad:

Drive is dead now, when I plug it in computer, and press eject button (or try to eject from explorer) , I just hear sound of motor, but I can’t even eject tray. I try to manualy eject the tray with eject pin, but it is not possible.

Nvm.

I try to manualy eject the tray with eject pin, but it is not possible.

Looks like you’ve done something wrong when assembling the drive, so there is a mechanical obstacle preventing the tray from ejecting.
I’m really sorry :frowning:

MID: MCC 03RG20
Burn Speed: 12x
SB/OS: On (known and unknown)/Off
WOPC: On

i like the low pif, but, wow, the pie seems a little out of control…

[QUOTE=gleemonex;2046985]i like the low pif, but, wow, the pie seems a little out of control…[/QUOTE]100% usual with this MID. :slight_smile: Nothing to worry about.

Not sure if I’ll even cross-flash this one.

Nope, no cross-flashing needed.

i love my BENQ!!!

:bow:

StorQuest 4x VDSPMSAB 01 burned at 8x (with overspeed function)

Best result so far, better than the Plextor PX-760A 4x burn :iagree:

TY +R 8x @ 8x
Perfect TRT, not bad for a 3 year old drive:cool:.

Burned at 12X
MCC004 MIT
New packaging

TDK Life on Record, by Imation Europe B.V.
Made in Taiwan
New cakebox, I haven’t seen it before. Edit: Look at pages 3 and 7.

These are the best scans from the whole 25 pieces cakebox. I hate CMC!
Burned at 8x, 12x and 16x.

[QUOTE=talos_2002;2261581]These are the best scans from the whole 25 pieces cakebox. I hate CMC![/QUOTE]Why not post a couple of the worse scans? Then maybe we’d know why you “hate CMC” : the scans above don’t show anything wrong! :confused: (the PIF-16 peak @800MB could as well have been caused by a speck of dust or something like that). How do TRTs look?

(I agree that the @16X burn shows too high jitter to my taste, but there are very few discs showing pretty jitter figures when burnt @16X in the 1650…)

[QUOTE=Wizzu;2261851]Why not post a couple of the worse scans? Then maybe we’d know why you “hate CMC” : the scans above don’t show anything wrong! :confused: (the PIF-16 peak @800MB could as well have been caused by a speck of dust or something like that). How do TRTs look?

(I agree that the @16X burn shows too high jitter to my taste, but there are very few discs showing pretty jitter figures when burnt @16X in the 1650…)[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, they are not bad scans at all. But they are not as good as of other MIDs. TY and MCC is almost everywhere in Greece, so maybe I am spoiled :bigsmile:
I don’t keep scans of media with more than 1200 PIFs, sorry. It’s the high, for me, number of PIFs (>1000) and the big blocks they form, even at 8x.

If you were surrounded by MCC and TY, having big PIF blocks might make you feel the same.:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=talos_2002;2261935]It’s the high, for me, number of PIFs (>1000)[/quote]Picky picky… I know premium discs showing more than 2500 PIF counts… (including old MXLRG02 and TDK TTH01, top-notch stuff…) It’s been long know that I’ve learned to distrust the PIF counts method to assess media quality. :wink:

If you were surrounded by MCC and TY, having big PIF blocks might make you feel the same.:slight_smile:
I use almost exclusively MIT MCC004 Verbs these days, and they’re not immune to PIF clusters: a single sticky speck of dust is all it takes.

Well, if you don’t feel like posting the worse scans, then be it. :slight_smile:

Only because you insisted, 8x and 16x scans.:flower:

[QUOTE=talos_2002;2263245]Only because you insisted, 8x and 16x scans.:flower:[/QUOTE]Very kind of you! :flower:

I like to see the bad side of things, you know. People tend to post only their best scans, which makes it difficult to determine good media/burner combinations sometimes…

I can see that quality control is still not a priority at TDK these days… :rolleyes: (though this said, I have yet to find a really consistent source for M01s!)

BenQ DW1650 BCIC

Verbatim 16x DVD-R MCC03RG20 (MIT MAP6) @ 8x (12x selected)