Post your BenQ DW1650 SL scans here

VERBATIM DVD+R 16x MCC 004
Burnt 12x
Very Happy With The Results :clap:

TDK DVD+R 16x
Yuden T03

The BenQ 4x scan was set to 1ecc.

Nice to see DW1650’s still up running and kicking a**. :clap:[QUOTE=talos_2002;1938375]…The BenQ 4x scan was set to [B]1ecc[/B].[/QUOTE]AFAICR atm this only applies for 4x speed scan. :wink:

Nice scans, [B]talos[/B]. :clap: There’s something to using these BenQ drives with quality media. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=wallace0134;1938393]Nice scans, [B]talos[/B]. :clap: There’s something to using these BenQ drives with quality media. :)[/QUOTE]

With high quality Discs Benq 1640/165x always beat other “newer” burners in 8X/12X speed burns :bow:

Originally Posted by [B]minaelromany[/B]:With high quality Discs Benq 1640/165x always beat other “newer” burners in 8X/12X speed burns

Just to proove this :slight_smile:

That’s DVD+R 8x
Burn speed: 8x
SB/OS: Off
WOPC: On

And good scan with cheap media…

Burn Speed: 8x
SB/OS: On/Off

Under what brand did you find that Infomedia R30, zivija? I might have to get that for random, trashable backups. :iagree: [Though I’m expecting it’s some exotic brand that I could only find on eBay…:doh:]

Wallace, let me ask you a question at what price would you say " I’LL buy these for random, trashable backups" ? I don’t mean to go off-topic here but the above scans are great, as good as any TY or MCC004 scans I can produce. I stopped buying all the off brand media because the name brands are so cheap already it did not make sense to buy anything else. With a coupon and a sale you can buy Verbs for almost 10 bucks for a 50 spindle. What can you buy cheaper that will even burn a regular basis. I am done with the Playos and other cheap media that only cost maybe a dollar or two less. LOL.:iagree:

In Serbia, they are under local, “Xwave” brand, and they looks like movie style Verbs.

[quote=alan1476;1939497]Wallace, let me ask you a question at what price would you say " I’LL buy these for random, trashable backups" ? I don’t mean to go off-topic here but the above scans are great, as good as any TY or MCC004 scans I can produce. I stopped buying all the off brand media because the name brands are so cheap already it did not make sense to buy anything else. With a coupon and a sale you can buy Verbs for almost 10 bucks for a 50 spindle. What can you buy cheaper that will even burn a regular basis. I am done with the Playos and other cheap media that only cost maybe a dollar or two less. LOL.:iagree:[/quote]Funny thing is, that my curiousity will make me pay only 1 or 2 dollars less for a pack of discs that may go out after a week, haha. It’s not really the price [I’ve recently bought 50 YUDEN000 T02 and 50 SONY08D1 MIJ for 45 dollars–45 cents a disc :eek:, and then I went for 50 Memorex MCC 004 for just under 10 dollars–5 cents a disc]. I just want to see how my drives will handle it, and if they handle it well, I will [as an example] take it to school without feeling bad about essentially ruining a known high-quality, long-lasting disc.

To treat Taiyo Yuden and MCC as “trashables” is bad for me, because they usually house music, video, and system backups that I only make twice a year [at most].

[quote=zivija;1940051]In Serbia, they are under local, “Xwave” brand, and they looks like movie style Verbs.

[/quote]I wonder if I could find those…they’d be an interesting partner to the Digital Move Verbatim MCC 003 discs I have, hehe.

Pleomax DVD+R 16x (Samsung)
RICOHJPN R03

12x burn with wopc off.

Enabling wopc caused PIFs to reach a 1100 total.

[B][ul]
[li] Burning Program: Imgburn 2.3.2.0
[/li][li] Scanning Drive: Benq 1650 GCHC Flashed to BCDC
[/li][li] Burning Speed: 8x
[/li][li] DVD Brand & Media ID : Taiyo Yuden T02[/ul]
[/li][/B]

My Best Ever Burn :bow::bow:

Intenso DVD+R 16x
SB/OS: On/Off

SKY Pro DVD+R 8x
Burn Speed: 8x

BenQ + Verbatim combo can still get some very keepable burns. This one was burned at 12x (BenQ 1650 - BCIC)

WOPC: on
Solid Burn (Known): off
Solid Burn (Unknown): on
Overspeed: off

“Blue Diskimpex.gr” Taiyo Yuden DVD+R 8x
Burn speed: 12x
SB/OS: On

Another one:

Verbatim DVD+R 16x (MIT Prodisc)