Post your BenQ DW1650 SL scans here

Hardware: BenQ 1650
Firmware: BCIC
Media: YUDEN000 T03 (Plextor-branded TH000021 batch)
Burn Speed: 12x
Solid Burn for Known Media: OFF
Overspeed: OFF
WOPC: ON

Media: YUDEN000 T03 (Plextor-branded TH001330 batch)
Burn Speed: 12x

The above scan itself is very good, but I would expect more from that media, I get better scans with Yuden000-T02-000 overspeeded to 12X than that. I think YudenT03 still has some adjustsments to make in the firmwares. (or the firmwares have adjustments to make to the media)

Media: CMC MAG E01 (Staples Brand) DVD+R
Burn Speed: 8x
On-The-Fly: ON

Media: RiDATA 16x RICOHJPN R03
Solid Burn for Known Media: ON

I’ve recently bought a spindle of Panasonic branded TYG03 and to my disappointment neither my PIO111 nor my 165P6S boasted satisfactory results with this media (high PIF spikes randomly). So i’ve done what every normal CD Freak would do: bought an Philips 1660 aka Benq 1650.
Well, it burns TYG03 much better then my PIO or LiteOn, but there are some strange dips in speed when scanning and more importantly the TRT is a mess :frowning: Got it as primary master on an 80 wire IDE cable with UDMA2. I really can’t think of any reasons for TRT to look like that.

Panasonic TYG03 burned @16x with DW1650 BCIC
SB:On/On WOPC:On OS:Off

Media: RiDATA 16x RICOHJPN R03
Solid Burn for Known Media: ON

enabled SB from about 10 dvds till now , and my PIE still high , any other idea i could do to decrease those PIE?

here is what I got with Verbatim 16x made in Japan and Benq 1650 fw.BCHB from 1655 (my first 99 score … and what a nice one :slight_smile: ) :flower: when i thought my drive was never gonna give me a 99 … Now I realize that until now i never had 99 score dvd’s. Big suprise from this verbatims which i looked verry untrustefull when saw “Made in Japan” on the 25 piece cakebox (I was hopping to see Made in Taiwan … or even Made in India and really didn’t knew what to think when I saw Japan … gonna buy more after this result)

Tomorrow I’m going to buy another Benq (1655 if I can find one) or a Philips 1660K for flashing to Benq :bigsmile: and probably 2 more cakes ov Verb’s

I usually get my best burns on RicohJpn R03 with default QSuite settings: SB for known media off, SB for unknown media on, OB off, and WOPC on.

will give it a try , thanx for the suggestion :iagree:

[B]kagula323:[/B]

What is the batch code of those T03 discs? If you look on the writing side of the disc near the center, there is some writing starting with [B]‘TH’[/B].

@ TL0
The batch code of these T03 discs is TH000020. :smiley:

And I just bought a Philips 1660K and flashed it to 1655 BCIB wich I’ll be testing tomorrow.

Rather than buy these expensive brushes, which slowly lose their punch, go to a cheap store (dollar store?), pick up a soft brush (could be a paint brush) and some drier clothes, then rub the brush on a drier clothe and you’ve got the same thing,…and, it’s renewable! Drier clothes are great for rubbing down the CD tray and other areas that accumulate dust. For years housewives have used them to quickly remove lint from the lint trap of the drier. They are quite amazing!
Oh, by the way, rub a drier clothe on the little brush on your laser cleaning disc to make it more effective! :cool:

Media: Verbatim 16x DVD+R
MID: MCC 004
Burn Speed: 16x

MID: YUDEN000 T02 (Silver Lacquer)
Batch #: TG000041
Type: DVD+R 8x rated
Burned at: 12x speed
Burned With: CD-DVD Speed 4.51.6
Burned as: Nero Create Data Disc
Drive/Firmware:BenQ 1650/BCIC

brand: Sony 8x DVD+R
mid: {SONY D11}
write speed: 1X
bios: BCFC

I’m getting very, VERY sick of these benq “16x” dvd+r’s…
My first results were very good, even with an inferior NEC 3520A. But my last spindle gave me results like these, every F*CKING TIME:

(burned @12x, 8x doesn’t change a thing, neither with BCIC firmware)

I just tried another spindle, burned @ 12x:

(seriously, wtf)

MAXELL 16x DVD-R
mid: MXL RG04
write speed: 12x with BCDC
SB: off

this is my rebadged norwood micro drive crossflash to the benq firmware.

i used verbatim 16x certified discs. First pic was burned at 8x and second pic was burned at 16x.