Post new firmware and tool ANNOUNCEMENTS here

vbimport

[B]eHBU312 2[/B] Firmware [B]VL16[/B]

Download via SmartPack or the following link.

[I]Change log:[/I]

[I]Improve readability[/I]

Link: http://www70.zippyshare.com/v/91256103/file.html

[B]iHAS124 W[/B] Firmware [B]HL05[/B]

Link: http://www.firmwarehq.com/Lite-On/iHAS124%2BW/files.html

iHAP422 9 Firmware WL1N unscrambled dump
Link: https://www.box.com/s/it056kc3pwyh6i5ks0aw
Just in case someone needs the unscrambled file for crossflashing purposes, here’s a dump of the WL1N firmware for the iHAP422 9

C0deKing, please patch! :slight_smile:

iHAS124-04 WU

Download via SmartPack

HL08

Change Log:

DS-8A8SH Firmware KH63, Released: 09.05.2013, HP OEM

Change log:

• Fixes an issue where a CD-RW inserted into the optical drive tray does not erase properly and an error message “disc erase unsuccessful” is displayed when using Power2Go to erase the disc.
  • Fixes an issue where a CD-RW inserted into the optical disc drive tray does not format properly when the optical disc icon is selected using a right click and then the format option is selected. The system then displays the message “Windows was unable to complete the format.”

Link: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59501-60000/sp59639.exe

iHAS124-04 WU

Download via SmartPack

HL0A

Change Log … where you can see? :doh:

Just downloaded the following firmwares from their site - without using SmartPack :bigsmile:
iHAS122W - PL02 and PL06
iHAS124W - HL08 and HL0A
iHAS324W - HL12 and HL16

No changelog available for any of the files.

Unfortunately they’re not using the old NEC/Optiarc flasher, so I have to see if I can manage to extract the actual firmwares from the executables somehow.

Where you can find?

From China Homepage?

From ftp?

… or is Top Secret :cool:

:clap:

[B]DS-8A8SH[/B] Firmware [B]KU54[/B], Released: 10 Jun 2013, Lenovo OEM

Lenovo have issued their first DVD Firmware Update Pack for Windows 8, FWSB20, which only contains the above firmware.

Link: http://support.lenovo.com/en_IN/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS035586

[QUOTE=Liggy;2690116]Just downloaded the following firmwares from their site - without using SmartPack :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

That’s definitely a link I’d like to have pretty please :flower:

[QUOTE=Liggy;2690116]Unfortunately they’re not using the old NEC/Optiarc flasher, so I have to see if I can manage to extract the actual firmwares from the executables somehow.[/QUOTE]

Now that would be really really nice, as I presume they are using the same packing/scrambling method for the real LiteON’s as well, and being able to extract the firmware from the flasher pack would be exceedingly good indeed :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=jabba2000;2690123]Where you can find?

… or is Top Secret :cool:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cvs;2690163]That’s definitely a link I’d like to have pretty please :flower:[/QUOTE]
Sorry, I can’t give away that link. It seems to be the system they’re using to manage the files for SmartPack. Don’t think it’s a good idea to have everyone access that page. But maybe I should distribute my firmware patches that way. :bigsmile:
Just kidding.

Now that would be really really nice, as I presume they are using the same packing/scrambling method for the real LiteON’s as well, and being able to extract the firmware from the flasher pack would be exceedingly good indeed :bigsmile:

I tried with one file and managed to retrieve the actual firmware from the executable using a memory dump. I also checked the checksums and they were OK, so I assume the firmwares are valid.

With the other LiteOn drives they seem to “randomly” add some wrong bytes to the firmware that the flasher will then eliminate somehow. They don’t seem to be doing this for the drives based on the NEC/Optiarc design fortunately.

Please, some body can help me with all dumps for etau108? All links from rapid was deleted :frowning:

[QUOTE=Andreytora;2698700]Please, some body can help me with all dumps for etau108? All links from rapid was deleted :([/QUOTE]

Have you attempted to read this thread at all before you posted? or any other thread? or google? firmwarehq.com has two versions of the ETAU108 drive’s firmware in its liteon section…so you might start there, not what i assume you mean to be rapidshare?

[QUOTE=zak7;2698713]Have you attempted to read this thread at all before you posted? or any other thread? or google? firmwarehq.com has two versions of the ETAU108 drive’s firmware in its liteon section…so you might start there, not what i assume you mean to be rapidshare?[/QUOTE]

I have read many letters and words before posted! All links in this thread to rapidshare are dead. Officially you can find latest firmware only, but I need previews versions, and I have 2 revisions of eTAU - is 108-02 1 and 108-02 2.
Any other questions like "Have you attempted to read this thread at all before you posted? or any other thread? or google?"
Please, if you can not help, do not waste your and my time.

I told you there are ETAU firmwares on firmwarehq.com, and you failed to mention to ANYONE which firmware revision you are even looking for, just the drive, so how would i know which version or revision you are looking for, previous or current. I’m very capable of helping you, your not capable of helping anyone else to help you.

Things you should do now.

1. Respond again, this time tell us what binary or firmware flasher your looking for, its usually a 4 alphanumeric code, like ABC3, or something, i’m sure you can find it on your drive or in the device name at least.
  2. Asking that question believe it or not, sometimes helps some one out, they haven’t done those things out of ignorance, your not that person, but i wasn’t sure, i dont know you.
  3. Why do you not want the latest firmware revision? Usually these are the best ones, is there something wrong with the latest? If so, you should share with us that problem, maybe we can fix it instead if you can’t find the firmware…
  4. Tell us if the drive is functioning currently, and whats on it now. cvs has quite the repository of firmwares from OEM drives…he’d probably be your best bet if its not findable.
  5. Now that you told me what revision you need, i will go look as well, but your last sentence, i have to say, i wasn’t wasting your time, or mine, i was trying to clerify quite a few things that were necessary for everyone else to know to help you…you failed to provide these in the first post.

ON TO THE HUNT! :smiley:

You are very funny :slight_smile: In first my post I write: “all dumps for etau108” . What mean “ALL”???
Of course escape latest firmware, is available from manufacturer. I know how to find it :slight_smile:
The reason is: I make some analysis about burning DL disks with overburning, and there is some problems with PIF on end of first layer.
I ask for help in this thread because CVS post all necessary revisions of firmwares and may be he still have its.

So in other words you’re just wasting everyone’s time since you seem to have no reason to believe any of the older version are any better. Got it!

[QUOTE=Andreytora;2698716]I have read many letters and words before posted! All links in this thread to rapidshare are dead. Officially you can find latest firmware only, but I need previews versions, and I have 2 revisions of eTAU - is 108-02 1 and 108-02 2.
[/QUOTE]

Here’s a link containing all eTAU108 1 firmware dumps I posted a while back (EL04, EL45 and EL46): http://www60.zippyshare.com/v/63753410/file.html

I do not have any eTAU108 2 dumps, but I do have a copy of the original LL05, LL06 and LL07 *.exe firmwares, which I have uploaded for you here: http://www12.zippyshare.com/v/37145518/file.html

[QUOTE=cvs;2698746]Here’s a link containing all eTAU108 1 firmware dumps I posted a while back (EL04, EL45 and EL46): http://www60.zippyshare.com/v/63753410/file.html

I do not have any eTAU108 2 dumps, but I do have a copy of the original LL05, LL06 and LL07 *.exe firmwares, which I have uploaded for you here: http://www12.zippyshare.com/v/37145518/file.html[/QUOTE]

This is a real help and the best answer without any off-topic! Thank you so much! I have one LL03 in case you need it.

To Stereodude: Sorry for wasting your time :clap:

[QUOTE=Andreytora;2698755]I have one LL03 in case you need it.
[/QUOTE]

Yes please, I haven’t got that one …