Post new firmware and tool ANNOUNCEMENTS here

vbimport

Confirming yu031217’s post from 2 days ago…

PLDS.SmartPack.Utility v1.16.0 found and downloaded a new firmware version 6L1C (Firmware Updater version 2.2.86.0) for my Lite-On IDE/CDROM ATAPI iHAP322 9 burner. It appears to have flashed my drive OK. I have uploaded it to my website where you may download it for a limited time via:
www.johnnybob.com/6L1C.rar

CK had been notified and he has thus re-uploaded the file which extracted without any errors now.

No, there’s nothing wrong with the 424-08 or 324-08. These models were based on the MediaTek chipset, while the new models, 424-98 and 324-98 are based on the NEC chipset, thus, the older ones are “deactivated.” All the new stock seems to pointing to these drives. You should keep the 424 with the MediaTek chipset.

[QUOTE=wardog;2445768]Other than you’re using it externally vs me internally that’s what I received from NewEgg on my iHAS424-08, ZL1B.

Yet I did flashed using the same files and methods, ZL1B > ZL1F > Zl1N without problem.

Try re-downloading ZL1N as I had WinRAR report an “unexpected end of archive” error on my first couple attempts at downloading ZL1N.
[/QUOTE]

I just moved my iHAS424 to an internal sata port, and tried flashing the drive again:
the result is the same - error writing flash, here is screenshot:

I also have tried re downloading the file twice - no luck, I guess i’ll try again, but for some reason it is not working, I was hoping codeking would have something to say about this…:a Da_n it. Gripe, gripe…

Just tried redownloading the file size is 855 KB (876,291 bytes) (zip file), extracted exe flashing file is 3.05 MB (3,202,048 bytes). No luck here, I guess I’ll have to wait till the next fw update…

[QUOTE=SLOVEHEART;2445967]I just moved my iHAS424 to an internal sata port, and tried flashing the drive again:
the result is the same - error writing flash, [/QUOTE]

You can always check if SmartPack will downlaod and flash it to ZL1N.

Or try flashing with the ZL1N fw from HERE

SLOVEHEART, sorry, the ZL1N firmware had an invalid checksum. :flower: Please try the new version I have uploaded to the same link.

[QUOTE=C0deKing;2446011]SLOVEHEART, sorry, the ZL1N firmware had an invalid checksum. :flower: Please try the new version I have uploaded to the same link.[/QUOTE]

Codeking:

well, first I tried the new ZL1N file on the drive in the external enclosure connected to a Esata card, the write flash radio button didn’t become active, then I hooked it up to an internal sata port, same problem.
Here is screenshot of drive connected internally:

I think something still needs to be worked out???:wink:

SLOVEHEART, please try downloading again. :flower: This time I accidentally used an old flasher version (that didn’t know your Flash ID), because I did it from development mode. :doh:

Time for some more coffee I think…

[QUOTE=C0deKing;2446061]SLOVEHEART, please try downloading again. :flower: This time I accidentally used an old flasher version (that didn’t know your Flash ID), because I did it from development mode. :doh:

Time for some more coffee I think…[/QUOTE]

CodeKING:

Take a break…first thank you for PM me so fast and make such fast work, I just had time to get my drive (iHAS424) back in the external enclosure and viola you had another ‘version’ of the ZL1N, and this time it works GREAT, even in the external enclosure w/ IOGear Esata card. It flashed… Only LtnFW tool will not work w/ external setup, it works w/ internal sata hookup though. Other tools work fine w/ external setup…

You do such fast work, I am very grateful…
As always, much appreciation, and if you need a guinea pig for something, PM me and I will do it, it’s the only thing I can offer in return for all you do…:bigsmile::D:bow:;):iagree::cool::):flower::clap: no here! (I know it’s bad taste, just wanted to add it to the forum, it’s a transplant from afterdawn I think)

LOL! Thanks SLOVEHEART. :slight_smile:

When you say LtnFW, do you mean the Flash Utility, as per your post in the Flash Utility thread?

New firmware found with new SmartPack + readed in FlashUtility at 04/10/2009:

ATAPI iHAP122 9 - 6L0C - stock

http://rapidshare.com/files/288960515/ATAPI_iHAP122_9_6L0C.rar

[QUOTE=C0deKing;2446084]LOL! Thanks SLOVEHEART. :slight_smile:

When you say LtnFW, do you mean the Flash Utility, as per your post in the Flash Utility thread?[/QUOTE]

CKing:

Yes, the Flash Utility(as per my posts-to you) - (read and write bin files) - I haven’t tried writing a file in the external setup yet, there are other tools that do this too (?), by that I mean flash bin files. But the read flash only works if drive is connected to internal sata port, or maybe the controller chip in the external enclosure is causing the hangup, I don’t know, but it isn’t Vista which makes the tool freeze up - no error message, just a hang.:confused:

[QUOTE=wardog;2445997]You can always check if SmartPack will downlaod and flash it to ZL1N.

Or try flashing with the ZL1N fw from HERE[/QUOTE]

[B][U]wardog[/U][/B]:
I am wondering about ‘Smartpack’, what is it? Could you help me w/ that? I’ve seen it mentioned here several times - no clue…

And I do know about Firmware HQ, I didn’t think to check there, usually I rely on CodeKing’s website for Lite On, and before I got sick of them, Samsung, drive fw’s and tools. But [B]THANKS[/B] for the help…:wink:

[QUOTE=patatos;2446263]
http://rapidshare.com/[/QUOTE]

patatos:

Rapidshare - this is cool:iagree:, there is another - harder to use, you have to sign up for account, and then login every 6 mos or so to keep your account. Here is the link to the ‘other’ one: http://www.4shared.com/

I think Rapidshare is nicer- Thanks for sharing…:wink:

[QUOTE=wardog;2445768]Other than you’re using it externally vs me internally that’s what I received from NewEgg on my iHAS424-08, ZL1B.

Notice NewEgg has now [B]removed(Deactivated) the iHAS424-08[/B]??? Not being thrilled at knowing this and the seemingly rapid fw releases, last night I went and ordered two AD-7240S-0B’s. Be sending the 424’s back as I’m hunching something weird is going on with them.[/QUOTE]

[B]wardog:[/B]

Finally read your post carefully - at first I was interested in the ZL1N situation. I didn’t know Newegg had terminated the 424’s, I also wonder why, mine has worked just great.

I also got a LiteOn iHES208, this I have had real trouble with, the first one (@$109) went sour in 7-10 uses, it started reading scans off the chart compared to what the iHAS424 was reporting, and I got Newegg to replace it even though it was just past the 30 day replacement period, now the second one seems to read BD scans with more peaks in LDC and BIS errors, but base line is much lower than the previous one, the first one just started to go completely off the chart - all of a sudden. The second one also seems to read higher error values than the iHAS424. So I hope both of these drives aren’t ‘bad’ apples…

The Egg said if I had problems with the second one I would have to go to LiteOn for help, which I attempted to do w/ the first iHES208, because I thought I wouldn’t beable to return it, and LiteOn replied asking me to do a bunch of useless s_it, I had to write back a caustic reply, to which they sent me their service Ph#…They don’t seem too happy to help out with bad merchandise…might be a good idea to return 'em while you can…

Enough already…:o

[QUOTE=SLOVEHEART;2446524][B][U]wardog[/U][/B]:
I am wondering about ‘Smartpack’, what is it? Could you help me w/ that? I’ve seen it mentioned here several times - no clue…[/QUOTE]

I’ll keep this short as it isn’t the place …

SLOVEHEART, I replied to your PM. You should be all set, between the provided DL links, the remainder of my msg, and the forum here.

KTL, et all, I’ve discovered what was driving me to feel inclined to return the two 424-08’s I just bought. The Deluxe Edition of “The Bridge on the River Kwai” is not mastered in the std method. If interested, read HERE, 3rd post. Needless to say, when I slapped in a Sammy SH-S183L, the results were duplicable. PI rates on both burners at the end of the second layer over 300, using Verbatim MKM 001’s(2.4x) @ 2.4x. That, and while in play-back the time resets at the layer break, and the 1-2sec black "pause’ at the break where the laser “resets”.

I’m keeping both 424-08’s and both the 7240S’s. Gives me a reason to buffalo the Wife into building a dedicated box. :wink:

My apologies to the subscribers of this thread.

… wardog

[QUOTE=wardog;2446616]I’ll keep this [B]short as it isn’t the place[/B] …
Gives me a reason to buffalo the Wife into building a dedicated box.
My apologies to the subscribers of this thread.
… wardog[/QUOTE]

Wardog et al:

Thank you for the PM @ smartpack.

And for everyone, as per wardog , I’m sorry for my rambling, and many posts, I just wanted to respond to all who helped me w/ ZL1N fw update.

I know off topic isn’t polite or proper…:o

And - I agree about anything to keep the wife, well…happy and… I can’t say it in front of the Ladies…enough said. Happy home = Happy heart.

[B]PHILIPS SPD8003L1 [COLOR=“Blue”]U5P1 Firmware Dump[/COLOR][/B]

It is a pretty old drive now, but someone might need this firmware, particularly as it doesn’t seem to exist anywhere else.

By the way: [B]PHILIPS SPD8003L1 = SOSW-833S = DW-Q58A[/B]

[B]Link:[/B] http://rapidshare.com/files/293936028/SOSW-833S__DW-Q58A__PHILIPS_SPD8003L1.rar

Besides the PHILIPS SPD8003L1 U5P1 firmware dump (.bin file) I’ve also included in the pack the following firmwares & dumps which are getting a bit hard to find now:

SOSW-833S VS04 (from C0deKing)
SOSW-833S VRS3 (from C0deKing)
DW-Q58A UDS2 (.bin file) - This is a DELL OEM firmware and does not have DVD-R DL support.
DW-Q58A UYS4 (.bin file) - This is the most recent firmware available for these drives and has DVD-R DL support.

The .bin dumps can be flashed with C0deKing’s flash utility, and any of these drives can be made RPC1 with LtnRPC or RPCTool utilities. You can now easily crossflash between the various firmwares in a single step (the FlashFix utility doesn’t seem to work on the original UDS2 and UYS4 flashers, but now that the dumps are available in this pack, it doesn’t matter any more).

PS. These firmwares might also work on SOSW-813S and DW-Q60A drives.

PS2. Ignore the “Lock Detected / Permanent” message in the figure (that’s how I originally got the drive; it is RPC1 now, but I was too lazy to do another screen dump after unlocking it).

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2444056]Smartpack update v1.16.0 available now.[/QUOTE] OK I give up; where on the Internet did LiteOn/PLDS hide this version?

Just download the older version and update it within the program itself - it will update to version 1.16.0

[QUOTE=tWreCK;2452138]Just download the older version and update it within the program itself - it will update to version 1.16.0[/QUOTE]
:iagree: