Post new BenQ / Philips firmware and tool ANNOUNCEMENTS here

Thanks for the answer zevia!

FTI = Falcon Technologies International. A media maker in UAE.

Firmware Upgrade 2.0D
DRX-810UL
-Improvements: Writing performance and reliability improvements.
Download Now
Date: 12/19/05 | Size: 937 KB

The internals of the SONY DRX-810UL 2.0d firmware seem to be older even than EW164B BEFB, so you better keep off if you can.

Firmware Upgrade 3.0D
DRX-810ULT
-Improvements: Writing performance and reliability improvements.
Download Now
Date: 12/20/05 | Size: 940 KB[/QUOTE]

BenQ DW1640 firmware BSOB, released Dec 23, 2005.

Release Reason:

1. Fixed DVD-DL PTP format disc cannot be played issue in BSNB.

http://support.benq.com/files/storage/Firmware/DVDRW/DW1640/BSOB.zip

I don’t know if this is pertinent to this thread, but anyway there is a new firmware for Lite-On 16P9S

P9SFS0D

released on 2005/12/23

Description:
Match More Media

I think you missed the right forum!! :doh:

I’m not sure of that. In the first post is not specified if firmwares must be for burners or for all optical drives.

If my post is wrong, then a mod will remove it :slight_smile:

10x Scan !

Where’s BEHB? I see ala42 has added it to MCSE 1.0.7.8 already but i cannot find it.

If I’m not wrong you should search for external version of 1640 on benq site

Already have :wink: I don’t see it posted here in BenQ forum either. There’s alot of people using external f/w’s here and no-one has found it i guess. Maybe ala42 has got a pre-release.

Sorry for my mistake :flower:

I read somewhere (sorry, can’t find right now) that there is a link for benq ftp site; maybe they grab this firmware directly from ftp.

No biggie. I’ve looked at BenQ US,EU,and ftp plus the Bill Gates site lol and don’t see it. Oh well it will show up sooner or later.

Maybe the code is similar enough that ala42 fixed MCSE in advance of BEHB’s release. :bigsmile:

Maybe that statement was not clear enough… I have never seen BEHB.

Quite right. Usually I have to change nothing for a new firmware, I only allow the usage after a first test. I have enabled BEHB in advance because I will not be home over christmas.

Thanks ala42 for clearing that up. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Zevia > Feel free to delete all this if you want :doh:

BSOB out 12/23/05. :iagree: :clap: :smiley:

Release Reason:

1. Fixed DVD-DL PTP format disc cannot be played issue in BSNB. <SCRIPT language=JavaScript><!–var SymRealOnLoad;var SymRealOnUnload;function SymOnUnload(){ window.open = SymWinOpen; if(SymRealOnUnload != null) SymRealOnUnload();}function SymOnLoad(){ if(SymRealOnLoad != null) SymRealOnLoad(); window.open = SymRealWinOpen; SymRealOnUnload = window.onunload; window.onunload = SymOnUnload;}SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;window.onload = SymOnLoad;//–></SCRIPT>

@sjv
look at post #26.