Post count

vbimport

I received a private message. When I responded I was told I had not posted enough to send private messages. It was unclear if you could not initiate messages or you could not respond either. It makes no sense to stop newbies from replying. I don’t know if my message was sent or not.

If not, the sender will think I am rude to ignore his message.

Roedy Green

Welcome to the forums.

The policy that restricts private messages from newcomers is undoubtedly part of our efforts to stop spam in the forums. Private messages are just that…private. The moderators do not monitor them, and we will be unaware of any spam being sent that way to our members unless someone reports it to us. A temporary block on messaging from newcomers is not intended as a slight, but rather a protection for the forums in general.

Was your message from BigMike7 by any chance? He makes it a point to welcome newcomers to the forums, and usually “befriends” them as part of that welcome.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2726764]Roedy Green

Was your message from BigMike7 by any chance? He makes it a point to welcome newcomers to the forums, and usually “befriends” them as part of that welcome.[/QUOTE]

Yo Kerry-

Wasn’t from me - but prompted me to send friend request a minute ago-eh!!

[QUOTE=RoedyGreen;2726762]I received a private message. When I responded I was told I had not posted enough to send private messages. It was unclear if you could not initiate messages or you could not respond either. It makes no sense to stop newbies from replying. I don’t know if my message was sent or not.

If not, the sender will think I am rude to ignore his message.[/QUOTE]

As Kerry says this is basically an anti-spam measure to protect our members.

I’m not entirely sure on this but I think I remember seeing somewhere that the limit is five posts, and you’ve already got four, so if you respond to this or any other thread then your PM functionality should be enabled.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=RoedyGreen;2726762]I received a private message. When I responded I was told I had not posted enough to send private messages. It was unclear if you could not initiate messages or you could not respond either. It makes no sense to stop newbies from replying. I don’t know if my message was sent or not.

If not, the sender will think I am rude to ignore his message.[/QUOTE]
Your message will still be there after your next post. :flower: Welcome to MYce.com.